Chapter Thirty Six

On the thirty-first of August, Rebekah found Ron and Hermione sitting outside of Mr Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlor.

"Hello!" Rebekah said as she came up to them.

"Hey, Rebekah," Ron said as he had his ice cream.

"Hi, how was your summer?" Hermione waved before plunging her spoon in the ice cream.

Rebekah grinned as she sat down. "Well, I blew up my aunt, my uncle's sister, up and had a word with the Minister of Magic when I ran away after."

"Really?" Hermione gasped.

Mr Fortescue came up to the table. "Your usual, Miss Potter?"

"Hmm, yes please," Rebekah nodded once and smiled as Mr Fortescue did the same then left.

Ron looked shocked and confused, leaning forward as Rebekah sat next to Hermione. "You've got a usual?"

"I've gone here for three weeks straight now,"

"Yeah, we heard. We tried to find you at the Leaky Caldron but you weren't there, nor Flourish and Blotts, or Madam Malkin's," Hermione said and had a spoonful of her chocolate banana split.

Rebekah scoffed. "Yeah, well, I got my books last week and I don't shop at Madam Malkin's."

"Where'd you shop for your robes then?"

"At Twilfitt and Tattings," Rebekah paused to thank Mr Fortescue when he placed her Magical raspberry ripple in front of her. "I live with wealthy Slytherins, I need to look the part. It's better quality and so the robes last the year, but I do buy a new set every year or I get one owled when needed."

"Twilfitt and Tattings is expensive," Ron complained, waving his spoon. "Like really expensive."

"Last Potter," Rebekah said and flashed her ring, before stroking the bottom with her thumb. "I have full access to the vaults. Since I hadn't touched the vaults until I was eleven, there was a higher interest rate on my savings. Merlin's beard, Hermione. What is all of this?"

Rebekah saw the three large and heavy bundles of books next to her. Hermione shrugged and said, "Well, those are my books for Arithmancy, Care of Magical Creatures, Divination, The Study of Ancient Runes, Muggle Studies."

"What are you doing Muggle Studies for?" Ron rolled his eyes.

"It'll be fascinating to study them from the wizarding point of view,"

"Does that mean you got into all the classes you wanted?" Rebekah said and watched Hermione nod. "So did I. At least, I know what to get you for your birthday now."

"I really want an owl. I mean, Rebekah's got Hedwig and you've got Errol," Hermione said after taking a look in her purse.

"Errol's the family owl, Scabbers is mine," Ron said and pulled his rat out of his pocket."And I want to get him checked over. I don't think Egypt agreed with him."

Rebekah gestured to the rat, asking if she could pick it up. Ron nodded and handed her Scabbers. She brought the Animagus closer to her face and inspected its arms and fingers. She tightened her grip and watched it shake as it tried to get away, she refused to until she gripped the criminal tightly in her hand before letting it drop. It ran straight back to Ron and cowered into his lap.

"You go and get your owl, Hermione, and get Scabbers checked out," Rebekah suggested. "I'm going back to the Leaky Cauldron, I need to get Emperor, Hedwig and Fidele fed. They'll go for Tom's kitchen otherwise."

After half an hour, Mrs Weasley came into the Leaky Cauldron with a horde of shopping bags and her younger children. Fred and Goerge sneaked a little powder of something into a cup of a customer and watched them turn purple without noticing. Mrs Weasley scolded them and said that they needed to behave like Percy. Ginny, the youngest and the only girl, said hello to Rebekah as she came into the main area.