Chapter Seventy Five

Chapter 76

)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(

"History of Magic, double Potions, Divination, Ancient Runes, and double Defense Against the Dark Arts? Fun." Rebekah let the paper drop onto the table. "I forgot how gruelling taking so many subjects was."

"Why don't you drop them then?" Logan asked, quickly getting surprised looks and snorts. "What?"

"Rebekah? Dropping something?" Blaise said with an amused gasp.

"Never!" The rest of the group added.

Theo finished his mouthful of breakfast before jabbing his chin to gesture to Rebekah who just continued to eat her small piece of toast. "You can't find her without at least a book or two on her bracelet."

"Bracelet?" Astoria asked, at the far end of the bench, nearest her own year and Rebekah and Draco sat nearest the elder year.

"Undetectable shrinking charm," Rebekah showed how her wand would appear with a flick and would shrink if she placed the tip under the bracelet. "One of my best investments, very handy. Logan, what do you have? What classes did you take?"

"Potions, Divination, Charms, Herbology, Care of Creatures, Transfiguration, Runes," Logan read off his whole class list. "I've been given a lot of frees because I need to catch up on some stuff to get to Hogwarts' level of study. Durmstrang focused on practical and less on theory."

)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(

"Before we begin today's lesson," Snape began his lesson just before lunch, "I think it appropriate to remind you that next June you will be sitting an important examination, during which you will prove how much you have learned about the composition and use of magical potions. Moronic though some of this class undoubtedly are, I expect you to scrape an 'Acceptable' in your OWL, or suffer my… displeasure."

He looked at a few students he feared would fail his class, making Neville gulp.

"After this year, of course, many of you will cease studying with me," Snape went on. "I take only the very best into my NEWT Potions class, which means that some of us will certainly be saying good-bye. But we have another year to go before that happy moment of farewell. So whether you are intending to attempt NEWT or not, I advise all of you to concentrate your efforts upon maintaining the high-pass level I have come to expect from my OWL students.

"Today we will be mixing a potion that often comes up at Ordinary Wizarding Level: the Draught of Peace, a potion to calm anxiety and soothe agitation. Be warned: If you are too heavy-handed with the ingredients you will put the drinker into a heavy and sometimes irreversible sleep, so you will need to pay close attention to what you are doing. The ingredients and method," He flicked his wrist twice towards the board and then to the side. "Are on the blackboard and you will find everything you need in the store cupboard. You have an hour and a half… Start."

If Rebekah truly felt like not doing any work, she would have poured the already made potion she had in her clutch, but she knew that he would take the contents and make her do it again in her own time just to make her do it a few more times. She could outsmart most teachers but Snape was a hard don't even try it!

The rest of the day was boring, that was until it was time for Umbridge's class.

)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(