Chapter Seventy Three

)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(

"Why does the locket feel so familiar?" Tom Riddle asked as he sat next to Rebekah, two armchairs pulled close to the fireplace in a room neither could remember. "And why has it been transported here with you?"

"I don't know," Rebekah tapped her nails against the warm leather arms. "We were cleaning up the drawing room and one of us found it. They couldn't open it and I found it kinda cute. I feel like it suits me a little so I took it. It felt too familiar to be binned."

The golden locket was cold against her skin, barely hanging above her cleavage in this dress. Instead of the ugly uniform dress she had to wear in this dream world, Rebekah found that if she concentrated she could wear whatever she wanted. This resulted in a long navy dress with a red floral print all over and a low neckline.

Now Tom Riddle had changed his outfit too. Instead of the simple school uniform he used to wear or the grey outfit Wool's Orphanage made him wear, he was in a simple black suit. As the years waned on, Rebekah could see his eyes becoming bloodshot and slightly redder by each meeting.

He was an adult now, though only in his early twenties.

After Rebekah had gone to the trial a few nights ago, her age had been tested and it stated that she was over nineteen but had the body of a fifteen year old. The Ministry made sure that the user of a long term Time Turner wouldn't age unneededly, but their Magic would. That wasn't something they realised.

The Magical Trace that was put on every student as soon as they had their first day at Hogwarts had already run out. Legally, Rebekah could do Magic outside of Hogwarts or outside the presence of an adult. She didn't tell anyone this, of course. Sirius and Remus knew because they kinda figured it out.

That couldn't be helped.

)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(

"Mum says it's time for dinner," Ron said, popping his head into Rebekah's room. "You don't know how lucky you are, having your own room."

Rebekah hummed as she skimmed her finger down the lines of the pages of a book she found, taking in the information easily. She sat on the bed, her legs crossed under her as she bent forward a little to read. She didn't even look up as she answered. "I have four animals, three of which love to cuddle. Do you really think I'd fit on any mattress that was less than a double?"

"You sleep with them?" Ron warilly looked at the animals scattered around the room. Hedwig napped in her open cage while Enyo hung from the mini chandelier. Emperor laid in his full lion size on the floor, stretched out completely as Fidele kept himself warm by wrapping himself around most of Rebekah's torso and one of her thighs.

"Why wouldn't I?"

"I dunno." He shrugged. "Anyway, Mum wants you down for dinner."

"I already ate,"

"You'll have to tell her that," Ron said, leaving the room with a mumble. "I'm not telling her you're not coming down. She's already in a bad mood."

"Fine." Rebekah snapped the book shut before getting off the bed, giving Emperor a scratch on his huge chin and putting her hand up to catch Enyo. The mini Dragon nestled into front of her shirt, little head peeking out of the low collar of the plain shirt. She also grabbed a pencil and began the trek down the large number of stairs.