Chapter Two

Rebekah and Snape went to the Wizarding bank, Gringotts. A snow-white building towering over the little shops, with matching white stairs and a burnished brown doors. The building had a small inscription that, as Rebekah got close, she could finally read:

Enter, stranger, but take heed

Of what awaits the sin of greed,

For those who take, but do not earn,

Must pay most dearly in their turn.

So if you seek beneath our floors

A treasure that was never yours,

Thief, you have been warned, beware

Of finding more than treasure there.

A very small and portly creature came inside the bank, having a swarthy, clever face and a pointed beard. He bowed as they walked inside and Rebekah copied Snape's response of a nod to the creature.

"Is that?" Rebekah said. "I am not evening going to guess. Can you tell me the name, Professor Snape?"

"A Goblin, all the employees here are Goblins," He said, his slow pace never wavering as they came upon a large and high desk at the very end. He swiftly took something out of his robe pocket and laid it on the desk. A key. "Possessive creatures. Yes, we are here to acquire money from Miss Rebekah Potter's vault. Allor, Vault 912."

"Yes, of course," Allor said, pausing with a finger in the air. "Would Miss Rebekah Potter like to take part in an identification session, first?"

"Mister Allor, before I agree to anything, can you first clarify what this identification session means?" Rebekah asked politely. Of course, she was being respectful, she had no idea who this Goblin be or could be representing. "I am unfamiliar with the terms, and would like it if you would explain what, if I chose to do it, would entail as the results?"

"Of course," Allor smiled, the skin-tight against his skull. "An identification session would include you piercing your finger for blood and dripping it onto a piece of enchanted parchment. It would result in a reaction between the Magic on the parchment and your blood, allowing us to see if you are in line for any other vaults, or perhaps Houses. Also, we would be able to see if any money has been taken without your knowledge."

"If there is any money taken, it isn't because I have taken it," Rebekah muttered, then spoke louder. "Okay, yes, I am willing to do the identification session. Do I need prior permission from anyone?"

"Good, and no, Miss Potter, you do not as you have no guardians besides the Muggles," Allor said. "Simply cut your finger with the knife and drip the blood onto this parchment."

She took the knife, though it was more like a little blade with its four-inch length, dug the point into her left index finger and twisted it harshly. Rebekah didn't grimace, complain or whine, she simply ground her teeth slightly. The crimson drop splattered against the light tan of the parchment, glowing a golden tone then turned to a bright silver flash.

"Is that supposed to happen?" Rebekah asked, curious. The goblin looked worried for a moment then took a glance, seemed happy with the results.