Chapter Seventy Six

)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(

Quidditch tryouts were taking place.

Rebekah stood with the Quidditch team, Graham Montague to her right while Draco stood to her left.

Her hair was slicked back with gel she borrowed from Draco, her earrings dangling daintily from her lobes as she tilted her head in displeasure and watched the new recruits. Her rings glistened in the early morning light as she tapped her nails against her bare forearm. With only being a trial for the new people wanting to join, Montague didn't expect anyone to wear the full uniform but have the robe to distinguish the formal players from the tryouts.

This resulted in Rebekah wearing a black sports bra and matching shorts with the uniform boots and robe open. She wasn't the only one wearing as little clothing as possible. Two of the older boys were shirtless and Montague even had his shirt open with the robe over the end of his broom.

Rebekah had to tuck the locket into the front of her sports bra, feeling the warmth as the sun rose on the very hot day. The Time Turner had been placed onto her bracelet so it wouldn't be seen.

There were a few more people trying out this year, even some trying out for the Seeker position. Everyone not on the team had to do two laps around the stadium with their brooms, three if they were going for the Seeker position.

"People going for Chaser position, go with Malfoy and Warrington. Beaters, Derrick and Bole. Keepers with Bletchley. Finally, Seekers with Potter,"

There were only ever a handful of people trying out each year, so Rebekah only had to deal with four people. All tall and willowy with limbs for days. Rebekah stared at them for a moment. They looked like they had no muscle, something that wasn't needed in Quidditch but if they were hit by a Bludger, they needed the upper arm strength to lift themselves back onto their brooms.

Something Rebekah had learnt in her first year.

"You have ten minutes to catch the Snitch," Rebekah allowed the Snitch to fly away, gaining distance before nodding for the first person to mount their brooms. After a while, she called for them to come back. "That was rubbish! Seventeen minutes and twelve seconds? Needs to be under ten to have a chance."

Draco smirked, already knowing they couldn't be able to beat Rebekah's score and that was what she was comparing them with.

"How low does it have to be to be considered?"

"Less than seven minutes is best, the record is four minutes and seven seconds,"

Another asked, "Who holds that?"

Rebekah shifted her weight onto her other leg, the scar on her thigh still pink in colour and slightly darker than her natural skin. "I do."

No one got under seven minutes so Rebekah asked the person with the closest score to substitute Seeker.

A waste of a good two hours.

)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(

Almost two hours past curfew and an hour since they finished the rounds of the castle, Rebekah was silently walking up the stairs and into the main body of the castle. She was in her lioness form, always finding that this form was easier to walk in and was a great comfort to her instincts.