Chapter Forty

It was still dark as the Slytherin team began to stretch their muscles awake as they walked onto the pitch.

"Five laps, people," Flint shouted, waving his hand in a circle with a finger. "You've got ten, Potter, for waking me up."

"Aww, you're only mad because I found you with miss Ravenclaw. She was very pretty," Rebekah smiled and quickly jumped onto her broom before Flint could catch her. He grumbled annoyed but he still smiled. She left them with a good laugh and zoomed around the pitch before Flint released the Snitch.

Quidditch went quickly. Even with the cold and wet air, it was refreshing to feel it rush against her skin. She missed this the most over the hot summer. Her skin moist with the dewy morning mist made her alert and awake. Adrenaline raced through her when a Bludger got a little too close.

"Aw, you'll catch up soon enough, Draco," Rebekah said and ruffled his hair as the whole team came into the Great Hall, halfway through breakfast. "Not all of us grow so slowly as you do."

"Shut it," Draco said and tried to stop his smile. "Not all of us are freakishly tall, Rebekah."

She faked a dramatic gasp. "How dare you! I'm only half a foot taller." She stuck her tongue out at him as they both took their places at the table. "Past the toast, please."

"For now," He said and the Rebekah took a piece of buttered toast and stuffed it in his mouth. She brought her own to her mouth before finishing it and sticking her tongue out playfully.

"Where were you two?" Daphne raised an eyebrow. Rebekah shook her head at her suspicious and gleeful look. Daphne backed off with a smile.

"Quidditch practise," Draco stated.

Rebekah reached all over the place, grabbing this platter, that plate, and the bowls. She filled her plate three times and finished it easily. She had Muggle Studies first and so she linked arms with Blaise as they trotted down the first floor.

"Good morning, good morning," Professor Charity Burbage said as the class wandered in. there weren't many of them, only twelve or so out of the forty students in their year. "Get your quills out, we'll be taking notes again."

The class sighed and silently took their quills and parchment out before taking their seats. Rebekah sat at the front but to the side furthest away from Burbage's desk and where she normally stood.

"Recap. So what is the reason for the Muggle use of electricity?" She asked the class. "Macmillian."

"Is it because they don't have the use of Magic and so they made electricity do things for them?" Ernest Macmillian said, questioning himself.

"Good, jot that down. Muggles cannot use Magic and so they made their own," The teacher said and smiled at the class. "Now, what is electricity?"

Rebekah rolled her eyes and didn't write it down. This class was boring but at least it gave her insight into the views of Muggles. It was an easy class and an easy Outstanding. Rebekah nudged Blaise as she passed a note.

"Miss Potter, since you can't be bothered to listen, answer my question," Professor Burbage thought she caught Rebekah out, perhaps she could give the girl a detention for not paying attention. "What is electricity?"

"Electricity is the process of charged particles, such as protons and electrons. The flow of these creates a vibration that is called energy, and that energy can be used to create electricity," Rebekah said. Dudley needed help over the summer with some of his homework, he asked Rebekah to help and she could only do that after reading the textbook he was assigned. "Instead of Magic, they use electricity to make things work. Because Magic is also a type of energy, electricity cannot work within its presence since Magic has a stronger magnetic field."