(42) Chenle can't believe Ivy's his sister

"Ivy, I can't believe you're my sister

"Ivy, I can't believe you're my sister." Chenle muttered under his breath. "Pang is making us all uncomfortable."

The old fashioned car they were in was sleek. It ran over the black tarmac so fast even the passing greenery became a hazy blur. Inside however, despite being cozy and comfortable, Ivy avoided her brother's words and stared outside of the window, watching the rain drops race on the glass.

She recalled the times when it was only two of them. Pang and Ivy. Ivy and Pang. They would always lay in their couches and spend their whole days with each other chatting, ranting, fangirling and venting. Together they would also bake and cook, let Chenle have a small bite if they were feeling generous.

But after all that, she had changed.

All because of a boy, their trust was broken.

Jaemin noticed the discomfort. He tried to understand why Ivy was being kind after what Pang had done. Her kindness seemed genuine and innocent, something he never thought Ivy had in her. His hand slowly found its way next to her hand and his pinky stroked hers gently. Without making it obvious, he intertwined their fingers together and hid their hands in his coat pocket to keep them warm.

Ivy sighed and rested her head against her seat's headrest. She gave his hand a light squeeze before quickly falling asleep.

"Only for two weeks, Chenle. We'll be fine." Jeno smiled softly, patting him on the back.

"I feel bad for Mark, Renjun, Yeji and Donghyuck. They have to share a car together with her..." Jisung yawned, resting his head on Chenle's shoulder. Following Ivy's footsteps, he closed his eyes and let himself enter dreamland.

"We're so mean." Jeno released an airy chuckle. "We're all talking behind her back."

"We trusted her. But she embarrassed me and my sister in front of hundreds of people and left Yeji and Ivy to die. I think talking behind her back isn't just as bad." Chenle said grumpily, his mood matching the sky. "At least we all do that as a team."

Jaemin snorted. "Except for Ivy."

"Don't worry. We have things to keep ourselves busy. Dumbledore assigned us enough homework for two weeks." Jeno reminded, earning two pair of angry glares from his best friends.

"Fail them and you-"

"Will get our house points taken off. Yeah yeah, Slytherin's on the lead anyway. We're going to win, Lee." Jaemin sent a wink towards Jeno.

"Mark my words foolish ones, Hufflepuff will win!" Chenle argued back.

As soon as the car stopped in front of familiar black gates, the driver opened the door by hand and allowed his passengers to exit

"Ivy wake-"

"Shh." Jaemin hissed at Chenle. His hand held her back and swung her up in his strong arms. Carrying her inside while earning a few shocked expressions from his friends and people inside his Manor, he didn't know what to say. "Um, she had a rough journey."

The maids understood and led their master to an empty bedroom next to his. After going inside, he ordered them to help his friends to find their rooms as well.

"Why am I doing this?" He whispered to himself and placed her on the bed carefully. Before draping the blanket over her body, he removed her shoes, socks and her puffy jacket to make her feel less uneasy.

"I just gave myself away and didn't even care. This isn't how secret dating works." Jaemin started to speak for himself. He pulled the curtains to cover the windows and checked the room temperature. "It's too cold in here. There aren't enough wood in the fire- oH mY gOoDnESs Ivy you scared me!"

Jaemin's heart almost fell out of his ribcage as soon as he saw Ivy sitting up on his bed, eyes completely wide open and sleepless.

"Go back to sleep."

"I wasn't asleep to being with. You just carried me all the way here even though I was perfectly awake, silly." Ivy bit back a smile as she watched her boyfriend approach her bed. She noticed his pink dusted cheeks and figured out it must be either from the cold or the embarrassment of carrying her.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because, I was too lazy to walk. Why not let you do the work instead, huh? How does it feel carrying a queen?" She jokingly asked but her heart melted when Jaemin offered her his toothy grin and lay sank into the bed next to her, pulling her and cocooning her in his arms.

"I am honored. Just keep in mind that next time, I will drop you as soon as I catch you doing the same thing again." He mumbled into her hair.

"Aw you must like me a lot to do that."

Jaemin hummed in response, taking her hand in his and placing a kiss on her forehead. "Of course. You wouldn't be here if I didn't-"

The couple jumped after a loud thud was made under the wooden table. Jaemin furrowed his eyebrows and sat up, unlocking himself from Ivy and scanning the bed room.

"Who's there?"

No answer.

"Maybe it was a book?" Ivy suggested but Jaemin didn't buy it.

"Last warning. Come out of your hiding spot before I find you and throw you outside."

A brunet rolled out of the table and stood next to the bed guiltily. Next to him was a girl who sheepishly smiled at their actions.

Jaemin crossed his arms in front of his chest, waiting for their explanation.

"I knew you had something going on." Jeno flashed an innocent smile.

"We snuck into this room to confirm it." Yeji added. "Can't believe you're hiding something so big from me, Ivy. I thought we're close?"

"We are! It's just...blame Jaemin. He wanted a secret relationship." Ivy defended herself while Jaemin shook his head in denial.

"No, blame her. She's the one who put me under a love spell."

Yeji faked a gag.

"Still flirting in front of us?" Jeno raised an eyebrow.

Neither Jaemin or Ivy had the chance to answer his question for there was a loud knock outside her bed room.

"I'll deal with you two later." The Slytherin boy muttered under his breath before opening the door.

"Jaemin." The man didn't sound happy to see his son.

"Father?"

"I need to have a word. Right now."

●●●

●●●

I have a serious question.

What would you do if your close friend who is white calls you (an Asian) the n word? I feel so uncomfortable after she combined the n word and the word Asian together just because I wasn't light skinned :/