(7) Beginning of Renjun's nightmares

Renjun slammed his head against the table

Renjun slammed his head against the table. Why? Because-

"Renjeon!" Donghyuck greeted, entering the classroom.

When Dumbledore asked Huang Renjun to tutor some students on what they had missed for the past four years, he did not expect any of the new comers. He accepted the request to help only because he wanted to earn more points for Ravenclaw.

"It's Renjun-" he sighed before continuing as the four students took their seats in front of the board. "All first years have to take Transfiguration, Charms, Potions, History of magic, Defence against dark arts, Astronomy, Herbology and flying lessons. But you aren't first years...and you have to choose two subjects out of Arithmancy, Muggle Studies, Divination, Study of Ancient Runes and Care of Magical Creatures."

"That's a lot." Donghyuck said, "but at least we don't have Math."

Renjun glared at the Gryffindor before speaking again. "I'd be happy if you could spare the questions when I'm done with explaining. Anyways, fifth year is a very important year because you have to take the O.W.Ls which means Ordinary Wizarding Levels, so it's important that you know what we had learned in these past four years, and this year of course. I'm only going to take responsible for subjects such as Charms, Potions, History of Magic, Astronomy, Herbology and Study of Ancient Runes on saturdays. The rest will be taught by other Professors on sundays. Any questions?"

"Is it possible to learn all of that in two months?" Ivy asked, earning a snort from Chenle.

"No, silly." Renjun answered. "That's impossible and I don't think you would want to tire yourself."

Ivy sighed, cursing under her breath and questioning why she had to make a bet with none other than Na Jaemin.

"Listen carefully, we're starting with Charms today so take out your books and turn to page..." the day continued tirelessly as Renjun put his mind into teaching his temporary students.

As soon as Ivy entered the Slytherin common room, she fell on the couch like a corpse, surprising Yeji who was chatting sith her friends right next to her.

"Hey what's up?" Yeji asked, offering the almost lifeless Slytherin a bottle of water. "First day of classes with Huang Renjun after spending time with Kim Jungwoo, how did the afternoon with Renjun go?"

"Too much information." Ivy crocked before gulping down the water in one go. "My brain can't process everything right now."

"You have a year until the OWLs, don't worry." Yeji's friend Ryujin spoke, patting Ivy's shoulder.

"That's not what I'm worried about." Ivy mumbled as she watched Jaemin talking to his group of friends from far away.
"You know Na Jaemin?"

"Of course we do." Yeji answered. "He's really famous around here. Why? Do you fancy him?"

"No!!! Me? Liking him?? Come on, he's smoking hot but I'd rather date a frog. Pffff- Na Jaemin is not even half as attractive as a- a bear!" Ivy answered while stuttering.

Yeji would've laughed and teased but she could only face palm when Ivy had spoken out her words, too loud.

"I'm so dead." Ivy whispered, hiding under the cushions. "He heard me, didn't he?"

"Yep." Ryujin said. "Thankfully most of the Slytherins are still at Hogsmeade, so only few us know that you find a bear better looking than Na Jaemin-"

"Shh." Yeji hissed. "You're making Ivy more nervous than she was before. Let her calm down, she had a really rough day."

"I'd really like to have a tub of ice cream and a TV screen right now." Ivy whispered, already becoming homesick. "Or my nerve gear so I could just waste my time in Sword Art Online."

"What is she talking about?" Ryujin asked Yeji, who just shrugged her shoulders.

"I'm going to go take a shower, I think I'll have to skip dinner." Ivy informed, standing up and heading upstairs.

"I feel bad for her." Ryujin said. "Seems like she's hiding something from us. I mean why would an Ilvermorny student need extra classes? Don't they teach proper magic?"

Jaemin wanted to tell the two girls that the new comers weren't real wizards from Ilvermorny, but he knew he had a job as a prefect and that is to never spread any private information of a student, even if they were from his house.

At least he knew how to respect someone.

"Should we do some digging?" Yeji asked out of curiosity, earning a nod from Ryujin. Jaemin kept trying to get a hold of their conversation until he walked past the two girls to climb the stairs. He had a bad feeling about what was going to happen, but he kept his face expressionless so that none of his friends would question him.

"Oh shit, why can't I find my stupid brush?" Jaemin heard a female voice say from the girl's dorm rooms. That girl seriously needed to learn how to quieten her voice.

Jaemin entered his room and sighed, lying on his bed with his black cat on his stomach. He ran his fingers through its soft fur, slowly caressing his familiar with affection.

"Jaem, we're heading out for dinner." Draco peeped through the door, his hair still wet from the shower. "Are you going to join now?"

"Later." He answered, his eyes remaining closed while his breathing was the only sound that he could hear after his cousin had left.

When Jaemin opened his eyes again, he realised he had already missed dinner and everyone was probably having dessert. He placed his sleeping cat on his bed before heading out to grab something to eat from the Common room's pantry, but before he could even reach the cupboard, he spotted Ivy staring at the water from a huge glass window.

"Haven't seen any snakes yet? There are quite a few inside the waters." Jaemin spoke, leaning against the wall as he watched her.

Startled by his appearance, Ivy flinched from hearing his voice, clearly not expecting him. "Here to mock me about that stupid bet?"

"What is there to mock about when you're the one who's going to lose? Be prepared Zhong, it's really scary out there." Jaemin winked, swinging his arms behind his back and walking away.

"I'll win." Ivy whispered to herself, not even looking at Jaemin. "Even if I have to drive Renjun insane."

●●●

●●●

I'm sad cause RenRa is going to end :(