(17) How to be a failure 101

"Who are you?" Ivy breathed out as she was harshly pushed outside, away from her friends

"Who are you?" Ivy breathed out as she was harshly pushed outside, away from her friends. No one answered so she laid her eyes forward, meeting the sight of the Forbidden forest. "Jaemin? You want me to go right now?"

No answer.

Ivy sighed, walking towards the dark forest, fear rising as she took every step. She didn't understand why Jaemin wanted her to suffer this fast, at least he should've let her bring some food supplies and a blanket. She wasn't even wearing a Coat to keep her warm.

She thought about walking towards the castle but it stood too far away. As lazy as it had sounded, Ivy wanted to get it over with.

"Oh come on, this is just a forest. Dumbledore probably calls it forbidden to give us a good scare- Right?" She asked herself, mentally not prepared for what was to come. "Isn't this place strictly off limits? Except for detention of course, which is lowkey dumb. Pfft, look at these fat ass trees, owning bigger cake than me, ugh, I am so jealous of thou mother nature. Let me borrow thy beauty for a day, pleath."

Ivy had finally lost it.

She didn't realise that she was already too far away from her safe place, an hour being passed since she had entered the dark forest.

The forest was old, ancient even, holding untold secrets and filled with trees such as oak, beech, pine, sycamore and yew. It appeared to be difficult to navigate such a place at night, but Ivy somehow managed to stay on her path and she wasn't planning to get off it unless she wanted to meet giant creatures.
Yes, the forest was a home to creatures like foxes, Acromantulas (huge asf spiders), Thestrals (a breed of winged horses), unicorns, centaurs, werewolves, hippogriffs, deers and so much more.

As she walked deeper and deeper into the forest, Ivy's vision blurred. The path became almost impossible to follow, trees growing thicker and thicker as she passed each and every one of them. Her eyes wanted rest but her body needed it more, almost close to giving up.

"Jaemin...it's not funny anymore. Can I-can I- please leave?" She stuttered, feeling extremely scared, looking around to meet nothing but darkness surrounding her, swallowing her as a whole.

The moon and the stars were no where to be seen, covered by branches which hovered over her. The sky was very dark and low, the cold air was so chilled, it was hard to breathe. The lack of light bothered her and all she could think of was to get killed in so many uncountable ways by a unicorn.

"Na Jaem-Jaemin?! Are you still there?!"

Oh, how pathetic of her to think that boy would stay around and watch her suffer.

Her negative thoughts dominated her mind, feeling the panic rising in her abdomen. She breathed rapidly, clutching her chest as she tried to control herself. She felt her heart hammering inside of her ribcage. The whole forest spun and that's when her legs gave up. She felt the sickest at that moment, hesitating to throw up.

"Jaemin..." She whispered, her eyes getting heavier every second, "f...u...u...c...k y...o...u..."

Everything became fuzzy as she lost her consciousness, slipping into blackness while the forest took care of the rest of the bitter night.

Back in the castle, Yeji rushed into her Dormitory, looking for her missing friend

Back in the castle, Yeji rushed into her Dormitory, looking for her missing friend. She spotted the blond male munching on a muffin, celebrating his 1st place among the 5th year students.

"Have you seen Ivy? Answer me seriously, Na Jaemin. Did you drag her outside?" Yeji sent him a glare, sending shivers down his spine.

"No. She's supposed to be here, preparing to fulfill her part of the bet." Jaemin answered, "Why are you asking me?"

"Cause you're the most suspicious person out here. Who knows what you have done to make her suffer. She was dragged outside but when I try to look out for her, she was already gone. " Yeji spoke, close to building tears. "I don't think she's stupid enough to believe it was you who took her outside and decided to enter the dark forest."

Jaemin blinked twice, "Are you sure-"

"Oh dear, I'm losing my mind, Jaemin. It feels like leaving a child unsupervised and I don't even have a child to begin with!" Yeji panicked, grabbing his sleeves and shaking him abruptly. "What if she got kidnapped? What if she was drugged? Do you think she's going to get killed-"

"Calm down, Yeji. You're overthinking." Unlike the girl, Jaemin stayed still, his facial expressions remaining the same as before, calm and collected. "Have you questioned-"

"Her friends? Yes of course I have. They haven't seen her since dinner. I told them to search for her as well." Yeji answered quickly, her heart beating against her chest rapidly. She knew something wasn't right. Because of the large crowd, she didn't see who led Ivy out of the castle, but she knew it wasn't anywhere near her.

"Let them keep looking. I think we should head outside. Maybe she's at Hagrid's, having a nice, large cup of tea to avoid the bet." Jaemin mumbled the last part, throwing away his unfinished muffin to join Yeji, who was already on her way towards the exit of the castle. Jaemin groaned, grabbing a nearby coat and rushed to catch up.

"Slow down, will you-"

"No."

Her cold voice startled him. He had never seen Yeji this angry and concerned, heck he didn't even know that she was a close friend to Ivy.

"She's a coward. She wouldn't go in there alone without a second person." Jaemin tried to brighten up the mood, which wasn't helping. By the looks of it, Yeji was more pissed than before.

"Don't you dare call her a coward. You made this stupid bet and now she's nowhere to be found."

"It's not my fault-"

"Shut up, Na and keep walking."

●●●Another update cause ily mwah

●●●
Another update cause ily mwah.