(39) Dead but I'm alive

Many say when you die, you meet a skeleton holding a scythe, ready to take you to the underworld

Many say when you die, you meet a skeleton holding a scythe, ready to take you to the underworld. Some believe that you go to heaven, escorted by an angel. Some predict that you reincarnated and live another life when you die too young. Some say you sleep for eternity and your soul disappears for once and for all.

Ivy, however, didn't go through any of that. She never met a skeleton with a scythe, never saw the pearly white gates of heaven, never stepped in hell fire, never got rebirthed as a new body and never slept for eternity.

It's because she didn't die.

She woke up to a quiet humming of a familiar boy, who watched over her while the others took turns. Huang Renjun, she remembered his name. The smart yet handsome Ravenclaw who would always help her with her studies.

Who else does she remember...?

Zhong Chenle, her annoying sweet brother.

Lee Donghyuck, her college best friend.

Prapang, the girl who she used to trust the most.

Hwang Yeji, her new best friend and the person she would go to whenever she wanted someone to talk to.

Mark Lee, the cute awkward Gryffindor boy, the one who always sticked together with Donghyuck all the time.

Lee Jeno, the kindest soul and the guy every girl wished to date.

Park Jisung, Chenle's other half.

And, who else?

Na Jaemin, her boyfriend-

"Jaemin..." she whispered, sitting up slowly and examining the room. She dragged her feet off the bed and rubbed her knuckles onto her eyes before stretching her arms with a yawn.

"Wow, the first word you say when you wake up is quite strange isn't it?" Renjun teased, settling his book down and standing up to walk towards her. "How are you feeling?"

"A little bit dizzy. Apart from that I feel alright."

The Ravenclaw nodded with a relieved sigh. "I'll get Jaemin, wait here."

Renjun left the hospital wing and it didn't take long for Jaemin to come rushing in and tackling his girl with a giant hug, causing them both to lose balance and fall down on the bed.

"Idiot." He murmured, his voice muffled as he buried his head in the crook of her neck. "You're so stupid."

"A nice 'how are you' would've been more convenient." Ivy chuckled weakly, running her hand through his soft blond hair. "I'm fine now, aren't I? I'm alive-"

As a response, Jaemin squeezed her in his arms, not prepared for letting go.

"I can't bReAtHe."

"Stop hugging my sister and leave her alone, will you?" Someone voiced, causing the couple to break the hug.

Like the unbothered king he is, Chenle took Ivy in his arms and stroked her head after forcing Jaemin to pull away. "You should have been more careful, idiot."