(13) It's always Jaemin's fault

A humourless chuckle left her mouth while she kept recalling the incident that had happened a few hours ago as she stood in front of Snape's desk with Jaemin, alone

A humourless chuckle left her mouth while she kept recalling the incident that had happened a few hours ago as she stood in front of Snape's desk with Jaemin, alone. The Professor promised to return after his last class while the troublemakers needed to stay in his office for a few more minutes.

"You're playing dirty games with me so my grades could drop, huh?" Ivy questioned, crossing her arms in front of her chest and facing the Slytherin who was already facing her.

Jaemin shook his head in denial. "It really was an accident. I may dislike you, but I'm a prefect in this house. So no matter how much I want you to fail, I would never sabotage someone's hard work."

Ivy scoffed, not believing a word he said. "So you just happened to be fetching an ingredient from my desk and accidently knocked my whole potion off the damn table?"

"Yes. If you really don't believe me, ask Renjun. He was the one who-"

"Oh, you're blaming everything on your friend now?" Ivy didn't let him finish as her rage piled up inside her, making it hard for her to think properly.

Jaemin didn't answer, thinking it was no longer useful to convince her no matter how hard he tried to let her believe the truth.

Before the atmosphere could get any thicker, Professor Snape entered his office with his usual 'I hate students' expression. He dropped two cards on the table, which looked like a free pass to the library restricted area. "Library duty, both of you after classes for a month."

Jaemin nodded politely and picked up his card, sliding it into his satchel. He was mentally screaming, cursing Severus uncontrollably for forcing him to work with a girl he disliked in the most boring part of the library.

Why boring you may ask. Students weren't allowed to open any books without a special pass and a letter, so this meant Jaemin had to clean the whole section without curiously opening a book to read and get lost in another world that was magically different than his own, which by the way was an adorable habit of his no one knew.

"Disappointed. That's what I feel at the moment. Especially in you Mr.Na." Snape said. "Another incident like this, I will remove your position as the Prefect. Professor Dumbledor has allowed the both of you to retake the second part of the exam tomorrow. Now leave before I assign you other punishments."

The Slytherins exited the office and Ivy quickly ran off towards the great hall, where his brother was waiting. As soon as she spotted a black haired student bickering with a tall brunet, her lips curved into a smile while her feet carried her to Chenle.

"Hi Lele, hey Pwark."

Jisung smiled at the nickname. "So, Chenle told me everything. Did Snape take a huge amount of house points off?"

"Nope." Ivy answered and the Hufflepuffs groaned. "But he did give me a punishment to work with Jaemin in the restricted section."

"The library?" Chenle asked, earning a nod from his sister. "That's great, you can maybe find something about Zhong Liang."

"I may go inside that area but I can't open any books." She replied, sighing and sitting beside Jisung at the Huffelpuff's table.

"Well..." Jisung cleared his throat. "You could take a few sneak peaks. Just make sure Jaem isn't 'round to catch ya."

"Yeah, this whole topic is something sensitive to him." Chenle added.

Ivy sighed again, feeling guilty for acting harsh earlier. She had completely forgotten about Jaemin's dark past and acted recklessly as if he had done something terrible. Maybe it really was an accident.

"I don't think that would be a problem. He'd be somewhere far from me cause he acts like I'm a virus or something." Ivy scoffed.

"Wow this is the first time I'm seeing you getting all angry cause of a boy." Chenle said, amazed by his sister's behavior. He had seen her blushing, getting flustered when he mentioned Donghyuck, but never did he see her wanting to slam someone else's head against the table other than his.

"He hates me." The girl pouted.

"And you don't like that?" Jisung raised an eyebrow and smirked at Chenle, picking up the hint.

"I don't know-Well I don't care!" Ivy's cheeks were on fire to the point she couldn't stop herself from getting flustered. "Why not Chenle. Why does he like him?"

Chenle shrugged. "He doesn't exactly like me. He just ignores me whenever I try to talk to him. I think he's jealous now that I have Jisung stolen from him."

"Pfft. Stolen." Jisung snorted.

"And this stupid bet is also making me want to lock myself in a closet. He's so-ugh!" Ivy ranted. "Na Jaemin can suck my di-"

"That vocabulary you have right now does not exist here, Ivy." Chenle warned before changing the subject. "Speaking of the devil, here he comes."

Standing next to Chenle, facing Ivy who's eyes were drawn towards the flower vase in front of her, Jaemin cleared his throat to speak. "Our punishment starts from today onwards. I suggest you to come with me before Professor catches us both being somewhere else other than the library."

Ivy groaned internally and shook her head while pleading Chenle for help. The Hufflepuff shrugged his shoulders, enjoying the current situation as he could feel the tension between the two.

"How long-"

"Until the librarian dismisses us." Jaemin answered, getting less patient as the time flew.

"Well then, see you two later? Where should we meet up with the others?" Ivy asked as she stood up unwillingly.

"Um, here? Me and Jeno are planning to play Wizarding Monopoly with everyone else." Jisung answered. "Renjun's ready to beat Jaemin like last time."

"Shut up." Jaemin rolled his eyes, recalling the numerous times he was in jail because of Huang Renjun.

"Sure, let's go." Ivy adjusted her uniform before leaving the great hall with Jaemin.

●●●

●●●

Jaemin being politely evil is hot.