(2) Oops, we time traveled

As the sunlight shone in through the columns of the castle, the gang carefully took their steps towards the biggest room, the great hall, where once students of Hogwarts sat

As the sunlight shone in through the columns of the castle, the gang carefully took their steps towards the biggest room, the great hall, where once students of Hogwarts sat. The walls stood mute, holding the once magical ceiling. Beneath the unspoken words, Ivy's thoughts thundered louder and louder until she broke down, taking a break as she took a seat on a wooden bench.

"This place, do you know what it is?" Ivy asked, her voice barely audible.

"A place where our family treasured." Chenle replied, remembering his grandma's words. "But they warned us about hogwarts, from stepping-"

"Then why did you trick us into coming here you nitpick?" Pang asked, "My mom said this place radiates black magic. And I agree with her. We should leave!"

"Oh my goodness, are you the fat lady?" Donghyuck's voice echoed. The brunet stood in front of a portrait, studying the details very carefully. "You used to guard the entrance to Gryffindor tower, right?"

No one spoke.

"Right?..." Dongyuck asked again, skeptical about his question and feeling stupid for talking to a painting. Everyone gathered around him to see what he was talking to and Ivy knew immediately why the painting didn't speak.

"It's fake." She shrugged her shoulders, "The fat lady is pretty, this fake one isn't even slightly as pretty as me." The girl smiled, confusing her friends.

"Ivy, that's kind of mean-"

"Who are you calling ugly, young lady?!"

Everyone's head turned towards the painting, which leaned against the wall, dusty and old. The fat lady was glaring at Ivy, who was smiling brightly, knowing her hunch was right.

"I was lying about that because I saw your eyes move when Donghyuck was talking to you." Ivy explained, "You were watching us the whole time, traveling through every painting to catch us on what we were doing. Am I correct?"

The fat lady sighed, giving in. "Indeed. Hundred years have passed and I was the only remaining painting left. The others left and some disappeared but I, I wasn't ready to leave this place yet."

"Why?" Chenle asked, feeling slightly concerned...for a painting.

"I want to bring the joy of meeting new wizards and witches back. I want to see them grow and change the world for the better but...but you humans had to destroy everything. We aren't a threat, you are."

Ivy didn't have a choice but to feel guilty. The fat lady was right and she wanted to bring everything back to its place, even if it took her hundred years, she wanted to experience something that was way beyond her imagination.

"Is there a way to bring everything back?" Chenle asked. "Or is it too late?"

The lady nodded with a smile, a slight wave of hope glistening in her non humane eyes. "Find the time turner before darkness falls upon these walls and turn the hourglass ten times with each turn counting as ten years. You will be brought to the year where everything once used to be peaceful, but beware you only have a few months left until the humans find out about this world. Do everything you can to change the past, to protect this world."

"Well, how does it look like?" Donghyuck asked, already looking for the object.

"A golden necklace with an hourglass within. Make sure you all wear it while you're turning it. The latest and the last model remains in this castle or outside. It will allow you to stay in the past as long as you wish, but make sure you come back as soon as possible. The longer you stay there, the harder it gets to come back." The fat lady explained further, not wanting to miss any single information. "I know I'm asking too much, but it's your choice. Are you willing to help?"

"Of course." Ivy nodded with an assuring smile, followed by Chenle and Donghyuck.

Pang however, wasn't ready. "I like the world the way it is. Why are you all thinking of stirring a mess?"

"Come on, Pang? Our kind did this. Don't you feel guilty? Even a little bit?" Ivy asked, taking Pang's hand in hers. "We have a chance to save this."

All of the reasons why they should not do it came flooding in like tsunami. Pang wanted to shake her head and say no, to go back to the picnic field to enjoy the dessert she made at three in the morning. But as she studied the looks on her friends' face, her stomach knotted up from experiencing guilt. With a slight panicking feeling rising in her, she agreed with a small sigh, not wanting to portrait the villain. "Fine...but if something way out of our league happens, we're coming back. Got it?"

The rest of the gang nodded in return.

"You don't have much time left. Better start now or you will never find the castle ever again." The fat lady spoke again, warning them. "The castle only appears once a year on the same date when it was destroyed. By tomorrow morning, it will be gone out of your sight for another year."

"Oh shi-" Donghyuck cursed, "Let's hurry up. Chenle and Pang, search the grounds of the castle. Ivy and I will take care of the inside."

With a quick agreement, groups of two parted their ways to find this mysterious object that had been hidden for hundred years. As hard as it sounds, they were too quick to find something so small within an hour.

"Where?! Where did you find it?" Ivy asked Pang, who came running in with a horrid expression.

"The whomping-"

A high pitched scream cut her off. A scream which belonged to Ivy's brother, Zhong Chenle.

●●●

●●●

How is this going so far? Just so you know, I changed some stuff in this story to match my plot line so don't come at me if something isn't accurate👉👈😔