(23) Time to flirt with the enemy

The mansion stood high upon a hill, dark as the night as it let the nature embrace its surroundings

The mansion stood high upon a hill, dark as the night as it let the nature embrace its surroundings. The tall glass windows gave the insiders a full view of the mountains, waterfalls and rivers, healing for the naked eye. The pointy black towers gave the impression of an eccentric crown, claiming its royalty out in the open. The Na family seemed to be fond of gardens and other nature wonders, even owning a private waterfall to calm their stressful minds.

Ivy claimed that the mansion was indeed a renovated castle. There were sculptures of the family's ancestors in front of the entrance, as if they were planted there for protection. Just when the carriage which had carried them there was about to leave, the Slytherin had a bad feeling forming in her stomach. She was nervous.

"Don't be." Yeji whispered, holding her hand for assurance. "The Na family is actually kind despite how Jaemin acts. His father is the scary one but he's barely home."

Ivy could only nod before a maiden opened the door, welcoming them all inside. Unlike the dark walls outside, the interior was rather bright and full of warmth. All the floors were marble, in white even and stair rails were black mahogany, carved so well and polished almost every day that it shined. She guessed all the furniture had been hand made by professional craftsmen. Framed in silver frames were the Na family portraits, hanging with pride for the guests to see. Even the air was fresh and well scented than it was in Hogwarts, and this atmosphere strangely made Ivy feel at home. 

"Jaemin's little friends, am I right?" Someone spoke. It was Nakamoto Yuta, Jaemin's cousin who resided in the left wing of the mansion. "You guys are the last batch to arrive."

"What does he mean?" Donghyuck whispered.

"It means Mark, Jisung and Renjun are already here somewhere." Jeno whispered back, clearing up the confusion.

"Don't be scared, I'm not like our cold hearted prince Jaemin." Yuta winked at Ivy, who stood there like a statue. "I'll be taking you to your rooms because our butlers and maids are busy preparing for the celebration."

Following Yuta, the gang caught slight glimpses of well kept rooms. Each of them was at least big enough for thirty people to stand. Jeno wasn't surprised like the rest for he had visited Jaemin multiple times during the past years.

"Auntie Na isn't a big fan of having so many visitors but when it comes to Christmas, this place is packed with people." Yuta explained. "She probably wants to get on Santa's good side."

Donghyuck snickered at the joke, the only one who dared to make a sound. He and Yuta shared a glance before continuing to laugh.

"Girls," Yuta stopped in front of a white wooden door, decorated with silver lining. "You can have this room and boys," He opened another door which was on the opposite side. "You'll stay here. Any questions? No? See you later, bye."

"What a nice lad." Chenle mumbled before yawning. "I need to catch up on sleep. Do we have anything planned for later?"

Jeno shrugged. "Not that I know of any. We should probably rest, the ride from Hogwarts was a little sickening."

"Yeah, I agree." Yeji gave him a small smile before entering her room for the next few days. Their belongings were already brought inside, trunks stacked under their beds.

"This place is nice." Ivy sighed, letting the mattress engulf her tired petite body. "I'd totally live in a mansion like this if was rich."

"Me too, Ivy." Yeji yawned, losing her mind in her own fantasy, sleep threatening to take over. "Me..."

Ivy looked up from her position to see her friend sleeping soundly on her own bed. She released a small chuckle and walked over to hers, covering her frame with a blanket and placing a soft pillow under her head. "Sweet dreams, Yeji."

With no intention to sleep, Ivy stepped out of the room to explore the area a bit more. As Yuta was leading them to their rooms, she noticed a small door nearby her room, which she assumed would lead to a garden or some sort of a calming place. She turned the door knob and entered, taking small steps to let her eyes absorb the beauty.

It was indeed a graden but not the one she was expecting. Instead of planted greens, she saw purple, navy and a tad bit of orange. In the center there was a pond as large as a lake with violet lotuses floating and a wooden bridge that allows anyone to cross the middle. She expected the area to be empty, but for her dismay, Jaemin was occupying the place as he stood on the bridge, looking down at the Koi carp.

She approached the said person and stood next to him, her eyes examining his features carefully. She admitted that Na Jaemin was a handsome man with an ethereal smile that caused her heart to skip a beat, but she was sure that everyone felt the same.

"Why are you here, Zhong?" He asked, aware of her presence.

"I missed you, that's why." She spoke, not forgetting the fact that she had flirted with him during the Semester end party in Hogwarts.

"Pathetic." He said lazily. "My mother doesn't know people from the Zhong family are attending."

"If she finds out, will I be dead?"

"Of course, I'll kill you myself." Jaemin turned around, shifting his attention from the fishes to her amber eyes.

Ivy smirked, titling her head to the side and raising an eyebrow. "What an honor. I'd be dying in peace, Na."

Jaemin stared at her for a while, locking his eyes on the girl in front. If she wanted to flirt so badly why not flirt back, after all, Jaemin was known to be huge flirt.

"Choose your ways, Zhong, with a knife or with a chainsaw?" Jaemin questioned, walking closer towards the girl while Ivy tried to steady her breath from the sudden approach.

"Don't you have a wand? Just Avada Kedavra me." Ivy ran her fingers along his abdomen, feeling his well built muscles under the thin layer of fabric before snatching his wand from his pocket.

Gulping down the nervousness that formed in his throat, Jaemin didn't want the girl to get away just like that. "What's the fun in using a simple boring spell?"

He then leaned forward, leaving absolutely no space between their warm bodies and whispered in her ear, his hot breath fanning against her skin. "After all, your pain is my pleasure."

●●●

●●●

90's love has a rlly concept i wanna cry so badly because of how the boys fit in so well.