(16) Yeji knows the tea

Sneaking out a sandwich into the Astronomy Tower while skipping dinner  without mentioning it to her friends wasn't something Ivy would usually do in her free time

Sneaking out a sandwich into the Astronomy Tower while skipping dinner without mentioning it to her friends wasn't something Ivy would usually do in her free time. She wished to own a pair of earphones and a phone because she missed listening to music almost on full volume. So, she sang softly to herself.

"If I could ride a bike, I'd zoom around the world with you sitting there behind me~~~"

Despite the coldness that surrounded her, the night sky was a welcoming sight. She smiled, imagining someone might have accidentally spilled a huge box of glitter in the sky, creating stars. The wind blew her hair gently, leaving shivers dancing on her skin. At this moment, she forgot her worries and concerns, focusing solemnly on herself with a small smile resting on her soft pink lips, slowly finishing her song.

"Ivy, what are you doing here?" A female voiced.

"Pang!" The Slytherin girl exclaimed, her cheeks turning red from embarrassment. Not only did her friend catch her singing alone, her boyfriend did as well. "I...I wasn't in the mood to have dinner with everyone else. Needed some time alone."

Pang nodded, walking closer towards her and leaning against the silver railings. Jaemin followed, not sparing a single glance at his housemate.

"We made this tower our secret hangout." Pang started, fiddling with her fingers. She was thinking of a polite way to ask Ivy to leave. "I-"

"I wasn't going to stay longer than a few minutes, so I'm going to leave. Have fun!" She spoke with an artificial smile dancing on her lips, her heart heavy from not having enough alone time. Without saying anything again, the girl left the couple and the tower.

Feeling just vulnerable was an understatement. All of the negative emotions she held into herself came rushing in like the hogwarts express. She felt homesick and at that moment as she entered her empty Dormitory, she was desperate to return. She ran upstairs and threw herself on her bed, not even noticing a girl reading a book in the room.

Her tears burst forth like the water from an unstable dam, streaming down her face and wetting the material of her bedsheets. The walls she thought were strong enough to hold her emotions collapsed. Ivy trembled, pressing her hands against the bed, her sobs muffled by the pillows she buried her head in.

"Darling...Ivy, are you alright?" Clearly was she not. But Yeji waited until her friend had calmed down, so she could help her with whatever problem she was facing against. "Do you want to talk about it?"

Ivy sat up, her breaths uneven from sobbing for too long. She didn't have the energy to be surprised, instead, she was glad to see someone next to her. She noticed how Hwang Yeji seemed to be genuinely concerned, doubting if she was allowed to hug the girl.

"Can you- Can you give me a-"

Ivy didn't have to finish her sentence. Yeji had her arms wrapped around her frail, weak body, pulling her close to hers, gently rubbing her back. Ivy sunk into the warmth of Yeji's side, squeezing her back.

"I'm going to tell you something and promise me, Yeji, you wouldn't tell anyone." Ivy whispered, resting her head on her friend's shoulder. Yeji hummed in response, cradling Ivy like a child.

"Chenle, Donghyuck, Pang and I aren't from Ilvermorny." She let out a breath of relief, her heavy heart slowly becoming lighter as she spoke. "Hogwarts, it's in danger. Back when Chenle, my brother had found the time turner, we made a promise to bring back the school and its castle. Hundred years after from now on, there won't be a Hogwarts and Witches have to live in paranoia, fearing that humans might expose them and murder them on sight. "

Ivy felt Yeji tense, but she continued, trying to give her as much information as possible. "So we wanted to warn you and stop the past from destroying something so beautiful. I've told Dumbledore about this and we're not quite sure when the chaos would break in, but we have to be careful."

Yeji pulled away slowly, her eyes watering tears. She sniffled, lifting her gaze from the ground to Ivy. "You left your home to warn us? This must be very hard to endure... Ivy, darling, I'm very proud of you. You're so strong."

"Wait- You believe me?" She asked, her eyes widening out of shock.

"Caught a glimpse of the so called Time turner. I didn't want to question Chenle about it because I was busy with school exams, but now, it makes sense. I also overheard Dumbledore talking about you with Professor Mcgonagall about requesting more protection around the castle..." Yeji exclaimed.

Until dinner came to an end, Ivy did her best to explain her situation to Yeji. The Slytherin girl listened carefully and promised to not tell any soul.

"You guys missed dinner?" Ryujin walked in, sitting on her bed and removing her shoes. "Our results are out by the way. Everyone's crowded at the Student's notice board to claim their letters. I'm quite proud of myself though. I ranked 12th place out of the 5th years."

Yeji and Ivy shared a glance before rushing out of the room, throwing away their biggest concerns to check their results.

As soon as Ivy got her letter, she ripped it open.

9th place.

To everyone else, it was a huge achievement. To Ivy, however, it meant she had lost a bet.

"You're so smart!" Yeji praised Ivy. "Smarter than me actually. I came in 10th place but at least I'm in the top- Hey...you alright?"

"Remember about the bet I told you you a few minutes ago in our room?"

Yeji blinked, she had forgotten about it. "Oh no, this means you have to spend a night in that dirty forest?"

Ivy nodded, her lips forming into a pout. Before she could talk to her friend any longer, someone had already grabbed her arm, forcefully leading her out of the room and the castle.

●●●

●●●

I should be studying for math :')