(47) Bear's gone missing

"No

"No. She cannot go there." Jaemin denied the idea of Ivy paying a visit to Zhong Liang again.

"Why? It's not like you would care anymore, right?" She spat, crossing her arms in front of her chest as she leaned against the book shelf.

Jaemin sighed. He wasn't prepared to deal with Ivy after he conversed with his father. "I do care. I'll go instead. Renjun and Chenle can come with me."

"I agree with him." Her brother butted in, placing his hands on her shoulders with a small smile. "Liang is too dangerous."

"Then why should any of you go at all?" She raised her voice. "Is it because I'm a girl? Does being a girl makes her weaker than any boy?"

"No, because they both love you and don't want you to do anything at all." Renjun muttered under his breath but no one had heard him, thankfully.

"It's not that, Ivy. I don't want you to put yourself in danger." Jaemin spoke cryptically, looking down while being unable to meet her eyes.

"Ever since I stepped foot into this damned world, I'm in danger, Na. You out of all people should know that better. "

Her words made him lift his head up. He sighed and lapsed into his thoughts. Even Chenle tried to stop her, yet she didn't listen to her brother. This meant there was no use in trying to stop her. He also couldn't help but to agree that Ivy had a point. He admitted it, she was stronger than him and being a girl had nothing to do with what she was capable of.

"We'll leave in a few minutes. Chenle meet me in my room and Ivy, you can come-"

"I didn't ask for your permission, Na Jaemin." The girl brushed past him, making sure she slammed her shoulder against his before heading for the door. She smirked and left quickly without looking back.

While the trio left to interrogate an enemy they probably shouldn't trust, the rest planned to investigate a little bit further

"Aren't any of you curious of what's going on in that man's head?" Donghyuck whisper questioned, leaning against the wall next to Renjun while waiting for Mark's signal to enter Jaemin's father's study.