(22) Incoming mess

"For the past two days Ivy!" Chenle groaned after listening to his sister rant about a particular someone for two days straight

"For the past two days Ivy!" Chenle groaned after listening to his sister rant about a particular someone for two days straight. He let his head hang low from exhaustion, eyes boring holes on the wooden table in front of him. The boy had nothing to do after his new best bud, Park Jisung left Hogwarts shortly so he could celebrate Christmas with his family.

"You've been complaining about Jaemin, talking non stop. Geez, he's not even your boyfriend to begin with." The raven haired Huffelpuff squinted his eyes before focusing his vision on Ivy, who was munching on an apple angrily. "Why is your mind occupied by that guy? I swear if it's about Pang not-"

"Yes!" Ivy slammed her hands on the table, dropping the unfinished apple accidentally. "She's acting so recklessly and it's all-"

"Na Jaemin's fault, yeah I know." Chenle had to groan again. "Trust me, I'm not happy with her decision but it makes her feel happiness...well, for now."

"That's the problem, Lele. You do see that she's going to get heart broken after we leave, don't you?"

Chenle nodded, allowing her to continue speaking. "Even if she doesn't acknowledge me that much, I still care for her. We can't leave this time-line without her and if she were to stay with Jaemin- then we have no choice but to stay."

"I'm slowly starting to think that I want to stay here too." Chenle whispered but then his eyes widened, realising what he had said to his sister.

"Why?"

"Is it because of Jisung? Jeno? Mark? Renjun?" Ivy asked, already knowing what the answer was going to be. "I would want to stay too but we don't belong here Chenle. Being in this place feels so wrong to me. Don't you miss mom, dad and granny?"

Chenle was too tired to answer. He didn't want to stay in the reality anymore. He just wished for sleep to come and sweep him away.

"Chenle?" Ivy whispered, causing the boy to look up with tired eyes. "Am I really that bad?"

"What?" He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"Lately, Jaemin's been showing me that he despises me the most in this world and...it makes me sad. His words hurt me the most. Am I that bad of a person? Does my past and family has to do something with me? And Pang knows all about it yet she decides to shut up and not talk to him about it."

Chenle knew how his sister was, insecure and self conscious. To lighten up the mood, he looked at her with passion in his eyes before speaking. "If you're trying to change yourself, don't even bother. It's his choice to like you and if he really doesn't, you shouldn't care. You don't have to impress someone to become their friend, Ivy, just be you and let him approach you first. I know it's bittersweet at first, striving to prove yourself your capabilities only to fail but you've got this. You don't have to waste your time thinking about him and trying to figure out why he's so cruel. Remember, it's his loss, never yours."