(10) One question: What the hell

Ivy couldn't breathe nor could she recognise the person who was holding her hostage in a small corner

Ivy couldn't breathe nor could she recognise the person who was holding her hostage in a small corner. She stopped breathing for a few seconds, thinking of all the possibilities that might happen in the next minute.

She felt the person coming closer to whisper in her ear, pushing her against the wall gently. She shut her eyes tightly, ready for whatever that was going to occur.

"I told you to go with Yeji."

It was Jaemin.

A wave of relief crashed into her like a truck and all of her worries were lifted off after hearing his voice. For a moment, she thought it was the escaped prisoner.

"I wanted to help." Ivy whispered ever so quietly, too scared to speak any louder.

Jaemin rolled his eyes. Even though Ivy couldn't see him, she imagined how annoyed he must've looked. Brushing off the thought, she cleared her throat, realising how close they were standing to eachother.

Jaemin took a step back and analysed their surrounding. "It's dead quiet. I don't think any Slytherins are lurking so we should head back."

"Wait-I hear someone coming." Ivy grabbed his arm.

What appears to be a man appeared in the hallways, walking freely where he wasn't wanted. Jaemin was brave enough to take a glance at the prisoner and his mind immediately clicked, recognising who was giving the whole school a fright.

"Zhong Liang, the seventh year Gryffindor who committed a treason escaped last year." Jaemin whispered. "Does his name sound familiar to you, Zhong?"

Ivy's eyes widened in denial, she tightened her grip around his wrists, hoping he wouldn't leave her.

Just when Ivy was sure of her thought, her grandmother's old stories brought back a memory that she wished to forget. Her great grandfather, a Gryffindor, wad the reason why her family got kicked out of the wizarding world, banishing them from Hogwarts. What crime he had committed, she didn't know.

If she told Jaemin that the man was her great grandfather, she would blow up her cover on the spot.

"He's your family, isn't he?" Jaemin gritted his teeth. "Who is he? Your older brother? Didn't Ministry of Magic banish your entire family? What did you tell Dumbledore? I knew-"

"Would you please shut up?" Ivy whisper shouted. "I'll tell you everything--"

"No! That man over there, he did something unforgivable, Zhong. Something so horrible, even Dumbledore couldn't let him stay."

"Whatever it is, I promise I have nothing to do with this, Jaemin. Please don't leave me alone-"

"Pathetic. If he's a misfit, so are you." Jaemin removed her hand from his, "Evanesco!"

With his wand held up in front of him, the Slytherin vanished, leaving the scared girl alone shivering in the dark.

Ivy felt stupid for leaving her own wand in her room, but she did something even more stupid and dangerous by stepping out of her hiding spot to reveal herself.

Zhong Liang was a fine young man with a pair of chocolate brown eyes and black hair that resembled the night sky. He was only twenty-one, yet it seemed like he had aged a few years more in Azkaban. Ivy found it strange when he was smiling creepily, as if he had expected her to come out of her small dark corner.

"I overheard the conversation." Liang said, approaching the girl. "Seems like, we're relatives?"

Ivy shook her head. "No, he was wrong."

"I have terrible history with the Na family you see, they're the reason why my life is so perfect right now. I promise to come back and take my revenge." Liang started to laugh crazily, his voice thundering across the hallways. As he stood in front of Ivy, he smiled one last time before using the same vanishing spell Jaemin had used.

Her legs almost gave up but she managed to find Mrs.Mcgonagall. "Professor!" She cried.

Mrs.Mcgonagall rushed towards the girl, her face written with fear. "What are you doing her Miss Zhong! I gave clear instructions to everyone to stay in your rooms."

"He's gone." Ivy whispered. "But-- I need to tell you something. Something about me that only Professor Dumbledore knows. The truth about me and my other three friends-"

"Ivy, dear, I already know." Mcgonagall said, "Right now is not the best time to discuss about something so serious out in the open. I suggest you to go to bed and I'm expecting you and your friends in my classroom before first period."

Ivy nodded and wished her a goodnight before heading downstairs.

When she entered her common room, everyone were waiting for her but not to check if she was okay. The air was filled with unbreakable silence and none of them looked happy to see her.

"Hello there, Zhong." Draco hissed. "Did you have a little chit chat with your long lost brother?"

"She's probably plotting something beyond evil." A Slytherin girl said, "And I mean not the good kind."

"I told you from day one, she's nothing but trouble." Draco approached the girl but Yeji stepped in between them to stop the incoming fight.

"Go bully someone else, Malfoy." Yeji then grabbed Ivy's hand and stormed into their dorm rooms. "I'm very sorry about that, Ivy. You must be startled by what happened and...Jaemin's at fault for leaving you all alone by yourself."

Ivy shook her head and gave her friend a warm hug, reassuring her it was all fine. "I think should go to sleep. Professor Mcgonagall is expecting me early in the morning tomorrow."

"Oh, I see." Yeji sighed. "Well then, good night. I'm sorry, again."

"Good night, Yeji."

●●● I want to make Jaemin rude af but he's a soft boy and I'm in love with him🥺💀

●●●
I want to make Jaemin rude af but he's a soft boy and I'm in love with him🥺💀