(12) A is for anger management issues

Donghyuck entered the Gryffindor dormitory after a long day of endless learning

Donghyuck entered the Gryffindor dormitory after a long day of endless learning. Jeno noticed his presence and waved his hand, motioning him to come closer towards where he and Mark sat.

"So, tell us what happened with Ivy and Chenle a few weeks ago. You promised us, Hyuck. Are they really...?" Mark asked, his doe eyes twinkling out of curiosity.

Donghyuck nodded, dropping his belongings to the floor and taking a seat. "Yeah, they're his family but that doesn't change the fact that they aren't just as worse as him."

"Hey, relax." Jeno patted his thigh with a small smile. "I can tell that they aren't a threat to any of us. But I do feel like something is going on between the four of you."

"Well," Donghyuck wanted to spill the truth but he didn't know if he could trust his housemates, especially if they were Jaemin's close friends. "I-"

"Jeno, stop making Hyuck feel uneasy." Mark complained pulling the younger one in to a headlock. Donghyuck choked, not expecting this sudden attack.

"You're...choking...me..." As soon as Donghyuck somehow managed to breathe out a cry for help, Mark let him go and chuckled, innocent as if he had done nothing.

"Do you want to study?" Jeno asked, taking out his books.

"No!" Both Mark and Donghyuck replied but Jeno didn't let them go easily by simply reminding them that they will be writing their Potions theory exam tomorrow afternoon and Professor Snape preferred well prepared students.

"Give me a break! It hasn't been a month since I've come here. Why do I have to write it?" Donghyuck asked, angrily fishing out his books and slamming them on the wooden table.

Mark shrugged, watching the brunet have his mental breakdown. "Perhaps if we study together, you might learn something. Don't worry mate, Jeno and I will tutor you. Right, Jeno?"

"Of course, as long as you stop stealing my snacks at midnight." Jeno said, making Mark widen his eyes in a confusing manner.

Donghyuck stopped what he was doing and turned around to face Jeno. "You noticed?"

"Yeah and I've caught you multiple times but you threatened to feed me to the bears in the woods." Jeno mumbled.

"Reminds me, your lame excuse of wanting to tell Professor Dumbledor that you were kidnapped by bears." Mark added.

"For your information, it wasn't a lame idea." Donghyuck rolled his eyes. "Can we finally start studying? I'm only at the beginning."

"Let's go through the materials we've learned since September." Jeno suggested, earning quick nods from the other two.

Pang on the other hand, memorised everything they had learned and joined Renjun for a small self prepared test at the library, which was written by him on the day Professor Snape announced the exam date.

Compared to Pang, Ivy tried harder, losing sleep everyday to memorise every single spell, potion recipes and so on. No matter how much she studied, her brain was too exhausted to absorb more information. Yeji noticed the change in her behavior and worriedly questioned her if she was okay. Ivy would always answer with a yes and a forced smile.

Chenle made sure to check on her time to time, asking Slytherin students how his sister was doing because she barely left her dormitory unless she was to attend her lessons. During those times she would be busy or asleep, her head resting on the table as she missed more than ten lectures.

"She's being too hard on herself." Chenle said once he and his friends gathered for lunch. "I wonder what the reason is."

"Was she like this at Ilvermorny?" Jisung asked before stuffing his mouth with roasted chicken.

Chenle shook his head. "She never studied this hard in school. She doesn't care about her exams and still manages to score good marks."

"Too bad she can't score me." A male spoke, sending the younger one a wink and earning a gentle slap on the arm by Renjun for the cheesy pick up line.

"Mark...that wasn't funny." Donghyuck said.

"Let me live." Mark shot back.

Lunch carried on without Jaemin and Ivy, and soon the time for the actual Potions exam came faster than Jisung could say 'pearl neo champagne'.

"Listen up, everyone!" Professor Snape announced as soon as fifth years entered his classroom, trying to memorise everything last minute. "I have a pleasant surprise for all of you. As you have prepared, you will write an essay, minimum of four hundred words about the Exploding Polyjuice Potion. Make sure the process is very detailed and very well explained."

The students groaned as if they had expected multiple choice questions. To their dismay, the Professor continued with another task that counted half as their grade.

"And you will have to create the potion in a group of two. Since this is a surprise, I will let you choose your partner."

The students partnered up quickly. Jaemin was quick enough to steal Renjun from everyone while Chenle went with Jisung, Mark with Donghyuck, Jeno with Pang, which left Ivy alone. All the others already had a partner and Yeji wasn't there at all.

"Hmm...Zhong, I suppose you'll have to work alone. Do not let me down." The Professor said, "Alright, everyone take your seats. If anyone dares to cheat, I will give no second chance."

Chenle turned around and looked at Ivy, who sat there with hope glistening in her eyes. He whispered her an apology which she accepted without a hesitation.

After the written exam, Ivy prepared the ingredients with a good feeling. The only thing she didn't like was having Jaemin at the same table, opposite of her.

"Good luck, Ivy. You can do this!" Renjun whisper shouted, earning a smile from the Slytherin.

Professor Snape left the Classroom for a few minutes and when he came back, he did not expect the chaos that was unfolding right in front of his eyes.

"I DESPISE YOU NA JAEMIN." Ivy screamed, her polyjuice potion dripping down from the table, which was already ruined by the hands of another student.

"ZHONG, NA! Out of the classroom immediately!!!" Snape snapped, "Rest of you may continue."

●●●Pang fake friend :')

●●●
Pang fake friend :')