(1) Not a normal b-day

When her friends invited her to a picnic, she wasn't expecting one on her nineteenth birthday

When her friends invited her to a picnic, she wasn't expecting one on her nineteenth birthday. Walking slowly towards the gang as her short black hair danced to the wind, she was trying very hard to bite back her smile. Out in the open there were her friends, preparing her favourite snacks and drinks on a large red blanket. She didn't know her friends were capable enough to prepare something so sweet without causing any trouble.

On her eighteenth birthday, they got kicked out of a movie theater and the manager banned them all from entering the place. On her seventeenth birthday, they almost burned a whole house down with a single candle light. On her sweet sixteen, they were falsely accused of stealing an ugly, leopard printed, madly expensive bag. But on her fifteenth birthday, she was all alone with no one to celebrate her birthday with, which was the worst one.

Chuckling at her memories fondly, she sat on the blanket next to a brown haired boy, whose tan skin shined under the sun. He squeezed the girl into a hug and shoved a huge gift bag filled with new clothes she always whined about.

"Hyuck, you're suffocating my sister. Get off you leech." a dark haired teen groaned, frustrated that he wasn't the first one to shower the girl with his gifts. He sat next to his sister and unglued the older male from her, pulling the poor girl into another bone crushing hug. "Happy birthday, Ivy~"

"Woah look at this brat!" Donghyuck complained, "Chenle my man, share your sister."

Chenle shook his head with a cocky expression, not forgetting to hand his sister a box filled with pretty accessories. "Your brother is the best guy right? Tell me Ivy, you have the best younger brother in this universe."

"Fishing for compliments?-" Hyuck started laughing at Chenle's weird expression written on his face.

The birthday girl smiled brightly and spoke for the first time. "Thank you, both of you. And Chenle, you're my only brother so yes, best brother Chenle is always the best guy."

Satisfied with her compliment, Chenle patted her head and sent a snarky smile at Donghyuck, who was sulking quietly while sucking on a grape flavoured lollipop.

"Uhm!!!" A female voice cleared her throat, crossing her arms in front of her chest, looking very...pissed. "I exist. Can't you see me? I prepared this picnic all alone and you thanked them first."

"Petty- CHENLE COME HERE I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL MURDER YOU ONE DAY." Donghyuck shouted as he ran after Chenle, who immediately stood up to run away after smacking the older guy with a baguette.

Ivy didn't hesitate to hug her friend, who sat on the other side of the blanket with an upset expression. "Thank you, Pang! Don't tell the guys, but your gift is the best one so far. Quality time with my best friends is all I want for this birthday."

"No trouble?" Prapang, her female best friend smirked.

"No, please." Ivy smiled, looking around to spot her brother with Donghyuck, wrestling on the grass.

Pang bit her lip from smiling cheekily and scooted closer to Ivy, poking her arm. "Are you finally going to confess to your lovely Hyuck? I saw you blushing when he hugged you earlier."

Ivy widened her eyes, blood rushing to her slightly chubby cheeks, mirroring her favourite dessert, mochis. "He only thinks of me as his sister. Besides I told you already, he's not interested in having a girlfriend."

"Bruh, that was two years ago when he broke up with his ex. Who knows what's going on in his mind right now." Pang sighed, pouring lemonade into her glass to dry her thurst. "You guys always act like a couple and it frustrates me how both of you're denying the fact that you two have feelings for each other."

"It takes time-"

"You've been crushing on him for almost three years!"

"Pang you read too much fanfictions on wattpad!!!"

"Who reads too much fanfiction?" Donghyuck interrupted their bickering and sat back down, tired from Chenle's clownery.

"No one!" Pang answered immediately but she didn't miss the small wink coming from Ivy. "Let's eat guys."

The four agreed and started to dig in, enjoying their small birthday picnic without any crazy interruptions.

After taking a sip from his lemonade, Chenle cleared his throat. "While me and Hyuck were in the fields this morning, I spotted an abandoned castle eventhough they were ruins . It's huge and has many-"

"No Lele, we're NOT going." Ivy spoke up, her normal voice changing into a serious tone. "I don't want to get in trouble. Can't we have a peaceful birthday celebration?"

"It's an abandoned place Ivy, what could possibly go wrong?" Donghyuck butted in, as if the two males planned to have this conversation with the girls.

"First of all, I hate ghosts and second of all that place could be filled with rats and other dirty creatures." Ivy replied, spreading butter on her baguette.

"In other words...you're just scared?" Pang spoke up, slowly agreeing that they should at least check it out before darkness engulfs their surroundings. "Come on, it's only noon and we have plenty of time."

It was three against one, so Ivy didn't have a choice but to give in. "If I get eaten by a scary Nun-"

"I'll protect you." Donghyuck whispered to her, patting her head before standing up to stretch his arms.

"Hehe" Pang chuckled quietly, watching her friend turn into a cherry tomato as she picked up her food to pack. Pang scooted closer to Ivy, closing the picnic basket after she was done helping. "Did you hear what he-"

"I did." Ivy rolled her eyes playfully and walked towards the boys, leaving Pang so she wouldn't get teased for the time being.

"Pang hurry up!" Chenle shouted, already walking towards the woods. "Or we're leaving without youuu~"

"Wait up losers, I need to find a place to hide our basket." Pang shouted back, already looking for a spot. Not giving any thoughts, she just left the basket under a huge bush and fastened her pace, eventually catching up with her friends who were arguing about pineapples on pizza.

●●●

●●●

Funfact: Pang was inspired by a thai drama character called Pang lol. The drama is called "the underclass"