(44) Jaemin cancelled?!?

God gave this boy one of the prettiest smiles ugh I stan🤚😩

Ivy hid her hands behind her back before entering the study. Unlike the rest of the rooms in the Manor, the study seemed to be the darkest with almost no light. A small candle stood on the empty table alone, as if Jaemin's father wanted to scare the girl with almost no source of light.

There was no presence either. Ivy took small steps and the doors were shut loudly behind her, reminding her that there was no going back. She placed her clammy hands on her dress to chase the nervousness away.

But feeling either anxious or nervous was a good thing. She'd be concerned if she wasn't feeling neither. It made her more reliable and solid as she took bigger steps towards the wooden desk.

Looking around to make sure that no one was there watching, she hurried behind the desk and started to open its drawers. There were nothing but useless parchment paper and old books stacked inside except for one.

But it was locked.

"Alohomora." The witch whispered before successfully unlocking the drawer.

"Letters?" She asked herself. "Is he receiving love letters?"

Ivy picked up a random letter which had ceased lines all over from so many times being folded and unfolded. The black ink on the paper had faded but only slightly. She didn't bother to read the whole letter and let her eyes search the sender on the bottom of the paper.

"From Zhong Liang." It had said.

Ivy widened her eyes as she heard loud footsteps reaching the room and shoved a few letters in her dress pocket after relocking the drawer. She quickly hurried back to do something which wasn't suspicious, in her case, she pretended to scan the boring books.

"You're here as expected." It was Mr.Na's groggy voice. "Are you interested in Herbology? I could lend you a few books."

Ivy blinked. She realised he only asked that question because she was staring at an isle filled with different Herbology books. "I'm just curious but I would love to read a few of these. I love...plants and nature."

"You may enter this study as you wish and use my books." The man chuckled bitterly. It seemed like a generous offer but Ivy knew she would never step into a creepy room like this ever again.

At the left of the fireplace stood a small silver round table. Mr.Na pulled out a chair to sit and asked the girl to do the same. She noticed a miniature silver tray holding a sugar dish, a cream pot and a few gold lined souvenir spoons. A little silver tea kettle was settled in the middle while two tea cups were placed in front of the guests.

"I called you to have some tea." He spoke, pouring the warm liquid in his and her tea cups. "Sugar?"

Ivy shook her head.

"A young lady like you need something sweet in her body." The man insisted, dropping two sugar cubes in her tea. She sighed and picked up a spoon to mix the two.

He then placed a small rectangular velvet box on the table. Without saying any words, he opened it and let her eyes roam freely over the emerald green bracelet. He raised his eyes to Ivy, who had confusion in her eyes and a little bit of fear. Before she could speak, he lifted the bracelet and snaked it around her delicate wrist which was already on the table.

"Accept my little gift to you as an apology, Miss Zhong."

Gulping down a lump in her throat, the girl faked a smile. It was sceptical enough that he had invited her over for some tea but offering her an expensively exquisite gift only cause her doubts to rise.

"Thank you, sir."

An uncomfortable silence settled over them afterwards. Ivy didn't know what else to speak about with the man who had his eldest son killed by her family member. She wanted to clear her thoughts about his relationship with Zhong Liang. Why he received letters from the man and why he met him in Knockturn Alley.

"My son and you are quite close." He began again.

Ivy tensed. Was there a way that he knew...

"This evening I had a little chat with Jaemin. To my surprise he didn't speak so lovely of you." Mr.Na faked a sad sigh. "He mentioned that you're nothing but a pathetic toy to mess with. I apologise on his behalf, I should have raised him a little bit more gentlemanly."

Ivy didn't want to believe his words. But she did nevertheless, as if she was under control by his wishes and mind.

"What else did he say?" She asked, clutching her dress tightly as she awaited more bitter words.

"He doesn't have any feelings for you, my dear. I'm warning you, going against my son's wishes just so I can save that young heart of yours. So take my advice, dear girl and think wisely. Do you understand?"

Ivy nodded subconsciously.

"Alright, it's getting very late and I assume that you need your rest for tomorrow." Jaemin's father stood up, followed by Ivy afterwards. "Good night, Miss Zhong and feel free to come back anytime."

After all that, she sank into her bed tiredly. She recalled their conversation a few more times before eventually falling asleep.

She didn't notice how a weight sank into the mattress beside her. It got heavier and heavier, the shadow reached her closer as time ticked. A familiar pair of strong muscular arms held her securely and Ivy offered the faintest of her smiles in her sleep, her body surrendering to his touch.

He glanced up at her slowly, reaching one of his hands to cup her cheek gently and securing a peck on her nose. She looked so beautiful in her sleep and he was bewitched by her beauty, her steady breaths brushing against his lips ever so lightly. He studied her face a little bit more and secretly appreciated every single detail.

As soon as she stirred in her sleep and opened her eyes, Jaemin was gone as quick as he came, his presence still lingering next to her.

●●●

●●●

I thought this book had 1k reads but it reached to 4????? What the fu-