(36) THIS IS NOT A DRILL OMGGGG

"I feel like there's no point in hiding why we're here

"I feel like there's no point in hiding why we're here. We have to leave one day." Chenle began, not sure of how to spill his secret.

"Lele why are you telling me this all of a sudden?" Ivy asked as Donghyuck and Chenle shared the same nervous look.

"You know...after what had happened to us last night, Jisung was awake, waiting for me. I didn't want to lie so..."

"You told him everything." Ivy smiled softly, remembering the time she had spilled the truth to Yeji. "How did he react?"

"He cried." Chenle frowned, recalling his memories. "He said he wouldn't let me go."

"And because of that I had to tell the truth to Jeno, Mark, Renjun and Jaemin." Donghyuck added, recalling their awkward breakfast in the Great Hall.

"Wait, Jaemin knows?" For some reason her heart started to beat fast, as of she had ran a mile under a minute. "Where is he now?"

Chenle shrugged but Ivy stood up to leave. Normally she wasn't allowed to if she was in Snape's extra classes, but the thought of Jaemin knowing the reason of her existence in this world made her feel uneasy. So she ran upstairs into the Astronomy tower, as if she knew he was there waiting for her.

Once she had climbed each an every step, she spotted a blond Prince like figure leaning against the wall lazily. He looked so serene and assured, as if he knew everything would fall into its places. She wanted to keep staring but the Slytherin had caught her innocent brown eyes before she could say anything.

"You aren't supposed to be here." He whispered, eyes not leaving hers.

"Am I invading your privacy-"

"I meant, this world."

"Oh." There was nothing else she could've answered with. Even Jaemin didn't want her here and that thought alone created a huge crack in her heart.

"I knew something wasn't right when I didn't find anything about you or Chenle." Jaemin began, taking slow steps towards her. Ivy started to back away, her back eventually hitting the wall gently from the lack of space.

"I don't want to be dishonest anymore. It's bad to lie, isn't it?" He asked, a small smirk tugging his bottom lip as he successfully trapped the girl in between his body and the wall. "I have to admit that I wanted to get close to you and dig up the information you and the Professors are hiding. I also have to admit that I disliked you from the beginning. You were a nuisance, an annoyance and nothing but a pathetic Slytherin girl."

"Is that how you think of me?" She asked, hurt obviously visible in her voice. The guilt sat on Jaemin's chest but he wanted her to know the truth or else this whole thing wasn't going to work out.

"I thought." He added, "Now shut up and listen to me, Zhong."

"You can't take dominance over m‐"

"I can and I will keep doing it." Jaemin rolled his eyes, wanting nothing but to finish his explanation. "Like I was saying, I used to dislike you."

"Then what changed, salty Sodium?"

"I swear to god-" Jaemin couldn't help but to suppress a tiny laugh, his pearly whites automatically causing the girl to smile as well. "Be serious, Ivy. I have to keep my blank face on if I want to finish this."

"Admit it. My muggle chemistry jokes are Pretty OK."

"Ew, no."

"Are you sure?"

"Shut up."

"Make me."

"I'm not going to kiss you, if that's what you want." Jaemin bit back a smile. He did want to claim her lips again, but he was more desperate to finish what he had started.

"In other words, I used you. Just a little bit so I can learn more about you and your brother." He continued, his obliviousness towards the lack of space between them leaving her a bit flustered. "I enjoyed seeing you suffer in classes whenever Snape asked you to answer his questions and whenever you failed an exam. Your pain was my pleasure, Zhong."

"You sound like a gentleman." The sarcasm dropped from her mouth like venom. "Did I come here so I can listen to your 'I hate Ivy' speech? This is a waste of time."

"Oh come on, did you notice the tense I was using, you idiot?" He groaned, leaning his forehead against the wall, right next to her head. "I held a grudge only because of your family and then I realised it wasn't your fault because, first of all your family's wrong doings don't mean that you can be held responsible for it and second of all, I felt bad after what you had told me in the storage room."

"And after Donghyuck exposed your secret, I was quite shocked, to be very honest. I didn't know something so serious might occur and destroy the whole school." Ivy felt his left arm snaking around her waist while his other hand laced their fingers together. "Then I began to grow fear in myself. You can tease me all you want, but I'm very thankful that you came all the way here to warn us."

He was honest and sincere. "And I'm sorry for everything as well. But I'm also very mad at you for barging in here, into this dangerous world of mine and creating a huge chaos which I didn't wish for. You should've stayed in your wizard-free world and enjoyed your normal life."

"Are you saying that you regret meeting me, Na Jaemin?" She asked.

"No... Once you let someone into your life, it's difficult to let them go again. You know that right?" He squeezed her hand desperately.

"What I really mean is, when it's time for you to leave, what are you going to do about this?" He questioned, placing her hand on his chest, where his beating heart was located. "About me?"

"Jaemin, I-"

"For God's sake Ivy, I fucking like you."

●●●

●●●

I hope I'm not going too fast cause I have no idea how to do this anymore.

Alssoooooooo I have started a new jeno ff uhm self promo yeee