(27) Midnight alcohol sleepover

If you guys are confused what time line we're in for this story, I've decided we should go back to 1940s and the theme would be fantasy dark academia :)

The ride back to Hogwarts was not what Ivy had expected it to be. A heavy silence settled over them, getting thicker as time passed by. Chenle shifted uncomfortably in his seat, awkwardly tracing the outlines of the cordillac's interior while Donghyuck and Jeno carried a conversation in inaudible whispers.

Yeji noticed the unreadable expression on Ivy's face and took her cold hand in hers, briefly brushing her thumb over her knuckles to calm her down.

"We have another week to spend without worrying about our academics." Yeji broke the silence. "Our Christmas didn't go as well as we had planned but I'm sure we can make it worth it."

Jeno smiled at the encouragement before joining in to cheer up the Zhong siblings. "Yeji's right. We can have our own party."

"It's one in the morning." Chenle dryly replied, showing no interest.

"Even better!" Yeji exclaimed, clapping her hands. "As soon as we've arrived, let's head in to the Hufflepuff Common room. Chenle can sneak us in and I will get us some snacks and drinks."

"We should get drunk." Donghyuck added, earning a glare from Ivy. "What? I was planning to do that tonight but Pang had to ruin it."

The mention of her name brought tears to Ivy's eyes. They've been carrying a four year worth of friendship until a boy came in between them, breaking the bond she thought was unbreakable.

"Yes," Jeno said, surprising everyone. "This time I feel like we all need something to loosen up. The seventh years have a few bottles stacked up in our cupboard, hidden away from Mcgonagall's eyes. I can steal one or two and we can spend the night without any regrets."

Barefoot, wearing long lacey princess dresses, giggling over attractive boys, dancing to the soft melody of the grand piano and holding a glass of red wine in their hands, Ivy and Yeji were far from being sober as they continued to enjoy the night