(5) Talking to ghosts and almost having tea

"Um so how the hell am I going to find the Slytherin dorm rooms?" Ivy asked, questioning herself

"Um so how the hell am I going to find the Slytherin dorm rooms?" Ivy asked, questioning herself. "If Jaemin wants me to go..."

"Well."

"Do I look like I care what HE thinks?"

"He's just making me want to stay even more. My desire is growing, I will not listen-"

"Hey kid are you done talking to yourself? I want to sleep in peace." Someone voiced.

Ivy caught a man yawning in a painting, who was way too tired for her rants. She smiled brightly and walked closer, hoping he knew where to find her dorm room.

"Um, excuse me, do you perhaps know where I can find the Slytherin common room?"

"Your common room lies behind a concealed entrance down in the dungeons. Go to the entrance hall and you'll find a door to the dungeons. A password is required however I do not know what it is." He said, "Now will you leave me alone?"

"Yes of course, thank you and have a good night!" Ivy said and carefully ran down the stairs, heading towards the Entrance hall. As soon as she had descovered the door and opened it, she found a set if stairs that led her to the dungeons. She took her steps slowly, wishing that someone was with her.

As if her wishes were heard, a girl ran pass her, mumbling something about an assignment which was due before dinner. Ivy's eyes lit up from hope so she followed her.

The Slytherin girl stopped in front of the dungeon doors yet she didn't voice out the password. Instead of going inside, she turned around, surprising Ivy.

"Hey! New girl, Ivy?" She asked, her foxy eyes beaming with curiosity.

Ivy nodded, "Yeah...and I'm having problem with entering the common-"

"It's alright, I'll help you. I'm Hwang Yeji, a fifth year and your classmate." She smiled and turned around, speaking out the password and opening the door.

Ivy thanked her new friend and entered after her. She expected the common room to be dark and filled with a cold aura, but the room was illuminated by green lamps yet that was not enough to surprise her. Her eyes widened after realising that her common room was built under a lake which brightened the whole atmosphere with a mysterious colour of green. The grand common room was mostly decorated by medieval tapestries, black leather sofas, wooden black furniture and different versions of sculls.

"The password changes time to time so make sure to check the noticeboard." Yeji said, throwing her heavy bag on the sofa. "Also, do not bring students from other houses, it's strictly forbidden."

"Understood." Ivy smiled, "Where will I be staying?"

"Oh, the bed next to mine is empty so you can take it. I still have some of my stuff on your cupboard but I'll clean them up in no time." Yeji said, picking up her bag and heading upstairs. "Don't just stand there and hurry up! Everyone's probably asleep right now."

Ivy didn't waste any more time and followed her friend. Fifth year girls had their own dorm room. Ivy guessed at least ten girls were there, including her and Yeji but they were already fast asleep. She prepared herself for bed and slid under the covers, hugging the warmth of her freshly washed green blanket.

"Good night, Yeji."

"Nighty night, Ivy."

Ivy tossed and turned sleepless, not being able to find the right position. The feeling of falling asleep sat behind her mind, too far to reach. She tried to make herself fall asleep but her eyes were wide awake and she knew it was going to be a very long night.

Eventually giving up, she tip toed out of her dorm room and entered the common room, wanting to sit by the green lit fireplace to gather her thoughts. She took a seat on a huge comfortable black sofa and stared at the fire with a blank mind.

There were no thoughts swimming in her head.

"Oh hello there." Someone said.

A ghost.

No, bloody Baron!

Ivy bit her lips out of fear, her mind panicking as soon as she saw the ghost coming closer to her. It was the ghost her grandmother used to always hate, saying he killed Helena Ravenclaw for love.

"What are you doing here hmm? Girls like you should be asleep." The ghost smiled creepily.

Ivy squealed, throwing a cushion at him which went right through Bloody Baron and hitting the wall.

"Coward." Bored of her reaction, the ghost left her alone.

"Me? Coward?" There she goes again, talking to herself. "Come on you son of a dog. I will give you the taste of my fists. I will grab a vacuum cleaner and lock you in a box and throw you somewhere to Jupiter. Do you know who you're messing with? I am Zhong-"

"Can you please shut your annoying mouth?" Ivy heard a male voice say. Behind her on another couch sat Na Jaemin with a book in his hands, shooting deadly glares towards her. He's been there for only he knows how long yet Ivy was too blind to notice him sitting there wearing gorgeous silk black pajamas. "I'm trying to study."

"Sorry for that. I got carried away..." She smiled sheepishly. She then sat back down to continue with staring at the fire for no reason. "What are you reading?"

"Advanced potions." Jaemin answered shortly. "It's none of your business. You won't be learning any of these in the future."

Ivy's blood boiled after letting him speak so rudely and she wasn't going to let him treat her like a piece of trash. "Listen Na, you rude periodic element, I don't care what you think of me or what YOU want ME to do, I will not leave this place just because a moody Sodium wants me to. You know what, I will rank higher than you one day."

"Oh is that a challenge?" He raised his eyebrow with a smirk.

"You bet it is."

"Fine." Jaemin stood up, closing his book. "By the end of this year before christmas. You have two months time to learn what I've learned for the past four years, good luck."

Ivy didn't get to answer because he started to walk away.

"Oh by the way," Jaemin stopped, his back facing her. "Loser has to spend a night in the forbidden forest." With that being said, he left to get a good night sleep, knowing he just destroyed Ivy's hope from getting a single drop of rest.

•••

•••

I hope u got the science joke-