(38) Salty mf Pang

"So, are you two dating?"

Ivy slowly gazed up to a Ravenclaw girl from her bed. Pang was with her, alone, waiting for her answer to be said out loud. She knew the obvious but she wanted to hear it from her.

"What makes you think of that?" Ivy attacked her with another question.

Crestfallen, Pang decided to let her thoughts wander free. She began to speak them out loud. "I followed you to the Astronomy tower and I witnessed your little confession."

"Oh." Was all she could say at the beginning.

"Is that why Jaemin broke up with me? Because he likes you?"

Ivy drained of colour, her heart scorching with guilt. She tightened her jaw, trying to find the right words to say.

"This isn't fair. You always get everything, Ivy. Have you ever thought of that?" Pang asked, jealous dripping down her tone. "Why must you take him away too? For once, can you stop being selfish and think about others? Did you even consider my feelings? Do you even know how I feel at the moment?"

"Pang, listen I really don't mean to-"

"I want to leave." Pang glared, voice cracking with stress and sadness. "I'm sick of this place Ivy, can we finally leave? We've done our job, we warned the Professors. What more can we do to stop this chaos? It's not like we can save this world like heroes from Manhwas. We're useless, Ivy. We're nothing but a bother to them."

Ivy didn't say anything for a moment.

Pang scoffed, already guessing the answers. "Because you can't leave him, right? Well, suck it up, this isn't about you anymore. I'm sick and tired of your pathetic games."

Pang glowered so hatefully Ivy wanted to break down into sobs right then and there.

"Ask Chenle to take us back." She demanded, eyes burning into Ivy's.

"I can't." She rasped while holding her pillow tightly. "I don't want to."

"I'll ask him myself."

Heart racing, Ivy turned to see Pang leaving before slamming the door shut to let her know how angry she was. The girl didn't show any sign of kindness when they were speaking and that fact alone brought pain to Ivy's heart as she kept missing her old best friend.

Pang knew it was wrong and did it regardless

Pang knew it was wrong and did it regardless. She framed her best friend at the Christmas celebration and called her with names she wouldn't dare to speak of. Yes, she regretted her choices and admitted that her doings were too harsh for someone like Ivy, but she was too late to take it back.

She grieved on the inside, but didn't let anyone else see that she was hiding her sorrow form everyone. No one could read her feelings, not even in her eyes, her moves and her drooping postures.

She could feel her head throbbing, at a huge loss of how to tell anyone about her inner feelings. She needed someone to talk to. Tell them about her thoughts, her current situation or anything else.

Settling down on the couch in Slytherin common room, Pang noticed that there were barely any students left. It was the weekend after all, when almost everyone spent their time in Hogsmeade, playing in the snow or enjoying snacks at Honeydukes. She relieved a sigh, imagining how her life would've been right now if Jaemin hadn't broken up with her.

They would've been cuddling or enjoying a cup of coffee at Madam Paddifoot's. She smiled at the thought but it vanished as soon as the reality hit her.

He wasn't hers anymore.

It was partly her fault. If she had loved him a bit harder and kept reminding him how much she loved him, maybe he wouldn't have left. Well, that's what she thought was the problem.

It had been two days she properly closed her eyes, weeks since she felt safe from the chaos. If even for a moment, she couldn't recall falling asleep on her own bed in Ravenclaw dormitory.

Pang's eyes watered. After all this, she wanted to return home where everything was normal. No magic, no weird goblins telling her to study, no boy in between her and and her friend. It seemed perfect until they decided to meddle with the past.

"What if I steal the time turner and just go back by myself?" She asked but shook it off, not having the heart to leave her friends while she had the chance to save herself.

Pang froze when Ivy walked downstairs to grab a box of cookies from the cabinet. She ignored the girl and made herself a warm glass of milk, feeling tired after having to sleep next to Jaemin the previous night.

The awkward atmosphere thickened as Pang stood up, knocking down some stuff accidentally and creating a huge sound. She mentally rolled her eyes as she successfully drew Ivy's attention back to her struggling self.

The girl didn't hesitate to leave the dormitory to avoid the situation. After their last conversation, Pang felt worse and blamed herself for acting like a child who thought that the world revolved around herself. Well, it certainly doesn't. She needed to apologise, but before she could turn her heels and head back inside, she smelled smoke, creeping into the dungeon from every direction.

She gasped and as soon as she started to run, someone had managed to beat her to the exit.

A dark shadow with no identity.

"Slytherin common room is on fire now." She murmured, heart swelling as her eyes burnt with tears. "Oh no, Ivy-"

"Wait..." she stopped running and wiped her tears with a sickening smile. "Maybe this will teach her a lesson. I hope you stay warm in there, traitor."

And she left without a single word nor a warning, not bothering to inform other students and Professors about the fire.

●●●

●●●

If ur confused why I'm updating so much, it's becuz I have holidays heheeheheheheheh enjoy!