(52) How to start your first day in school.

"How did you guys take so little time to get here?" Renjun asked, laying down on an empty bed next to Donghyuck's

"How did you guys take so little time to get here?" Renjun asked, laying down on an empty bed next to Donghyuck's. Everyone was there. Jeno, Jisung, Chenle, Donghyuck, Jaemin, Yeji, Ivy, Mark, Yuta, Renjun and of course, Professor Dumbledore.

"The same shortcut." Yuta smirked. "Except this time I knew how to speak parceltongue and managed to escape the basilisk without any injuries."

Donghyuck cleared his throat uncomfortably as he hugged his blanket.

"But of course, Hyuck, you fought the beast like a real man." Yuta added with a wink, causing the younger male to turn red as a cherry tomato. 

"Professor," Jaemin started. "Now that every student is attending Hogwarts, do you think we're all safe?"

Professor Dumbledore seemed taken aback from the odd question but he was prepared to answer. As he always had been. "Our students are well educated enough to fight back or at least defend themselves from danger. I have informed the students about the new safety rules and warned them that the staffs are going to be strict from today onwards."

Jaemin nodded with a sigh. Next to him, Ivy's fingers crept into his palm and drew circles on his skin, which she knew  would calm him down. Her other hand cracked open the green velvet box and slipped down to lift the cursed bracelet out of the box. Ivy could feel her heart beating faster as everyone's eyes were focused on her, waiting for her to speak.

"What am I going to do with this?" She whispered, recalling the unfortunate accident. "I almost killed Jaemin with this on me."

Jaemin stopped her fingers from drawing more circles and laced their fingers together, an assurance that he had already forgiven her.

"Give it to me. I will lock it away in my office." Dumbledore said before taking the box and slipping it in his robes.

After telling each other their own adventures, as if they had lived through a real fairytale, Dumbledore insisted on going back to their normal schedules and let the two injured to have their rests before joining them the next day.

Ivy, however, snuck into the hospital room with a box filled with Jeno's favourite cookies and sat beside Donghyuck's bed.

"We haven't had the chance to talk much." She started, knowing the boy had already fallen asleep. "I'm sorry, Hyuck. For everything I have put you through. If you weren't asleep, I wouldn't be saying any of this but, thank you for having my back like the old times."

She stood up and leaned closer to his face, leaving a quick peck on his forehead before placing the cookies on his bed-side table and walking towards Jaemin's. She didn't notice his small satisfied smile dancing on his lips, as if the two had sealed their crushes for one another in that night, promising to move on.

"No cookies for me?!" Jaemin's salty whisper entered her ears, causing her to smile teasingly. The boy huffed and turned around unwillingly, his back facing her as he closed his eyes shut. Despite the small jealousy, he mirrored Donghyuck's smile and let his girl slide into his blankets next to him.