(20) Almost kissed my crush oof

Pang tried kissing his cheeks, pulling him closer to her, holding his hands yet his attention was not on her

Pang tried kissing his cheeks, pulling him closer to her, holding his hands yet his attention was not on her. That one last comment Ivy had left before walking away to dance with Yeji on the dance floor left him flustered...a lot.

"Jaemin!" Pang whisper shouted, not wanting to catch other people's attention and cause a scene. "What's gotten into you? We were supposed to have our own fun, remember?"

Jaemin sighed, shaking off his thoughts about her and focusing on his girlfriend. "I'm just cold. Do you want to head inside and grab a seat?"

"Of course, you should've told me earlier." Pang knew he was lying. She noticed his eyes studying Ivy's change as she danced with her friends. She was sure that he left Ivy broken after that incident, which didn't concern her a bit and as her best friend, she should've been worried.

"About the winter holidays, we will be leaving tomorrow morning, 6am sharp." Jaemin informed, filling a cup with water to quench his thirst. "Did you pack your things?"

Pang nodded. "I'm excited. How long will it take us to arrive?"

"Three hours or less." He answered. "Mother is quite excited as well. She never had a girl my age in her surroundings. Growing up, I only met my friends and that was in rare occasions."

"I'll give a great first impression." She smiled, leaning closer to peck his lips.

Jaemin smiled, eyes never leaving Pang as he let himself fall for her even more, completely forgetting about Ivy, who occupied his mind for almost all the time.

"Darling, you're on fire

"Darling, you're on fire. How many boys have you flirted with tonight? I swear, the look on Jaemin's face was the most priceless one." Yeji giggled, sitting next to her new best friend after dancing in heels until her feet ached.

Ivy unlaced her shoes before removing them to give her feet a rest and time to breathe after all that dancing. "I never knew I had this in me. It felt good being brave enough to complement a boy...I wasn't flirting, Yeji."

Yeji smirked, raising an eyebrow. "Yeah, I believe you."

"Enough about me, what about you?" Ivy asked, turning around to return the smirk.

"What about me?"

"Oh come on Yeji, don't act so clueless. I saw you giving smiles to Lee Jeno."

"So, I can't smile at-"

"Pretty sure he was doing the same too. His eyes were on you the whole time and he's supposed to host the party, putting his whole attention making sure everything is going well." Ivy added, finding the fun in teasing the girl. "Speaking of the devil, here he comes."

Yeji panicked, sitting up properly and wearing a smile to please the said boy. Lee Jeno returned the gesture before asking the girl for a dance, not knowing her feet still had some pain left. The Slytherin agreed anyway, proving Ivy that she was indeed whipped for him.

"They're going to end up dating." Donghyuck said, taking Yeji's seat and stretching his arms out of exhaustion.

Ivy was startled, not expecting him to talk to her this soon. She laced her shoes back on her feet and stood up, taking him with her. "Put the romance in this school aside. I just want to have fun before this whole thing ends up in another disaster."

Donghyuck sealed his lips shut, forgetting the idea of asking Ivy to be his. The night seemed to be the ideal time to ask someone to be theirs. The atmosphere was filled with music, laughter and love. He figured it would be the best to not bother her with his feelings, well, not until they had returned to their own time.

She snaked her arms around his neck, his around her waist as they swayed to the sweet melody of the grand piano. The lights were twinkling with every step they took, giving the feeling of being in their own magical world.

"You know," Donghyuck whispered, "I really care about you, Ivy. If anything happens to you in this world-"

"Nothing's going to happen to me, Hyuck. I've been fine until now, haven't I?" She gave him an assuring smile. "Besides, I have Yeji in my House. She's really kind and she knows about us and this whole situation."

"You told her?" He asked, completely taken back from her confession. "Do you think we can trust her?"

Ivy could only nod. "She promised not to tell anyone. She even came looking after me and seemed genuinely worried about me- More than Pang."

"Hey...baby." Donghyuck's heart broke from the sight of Ivy tearing up. He pulled her body closer to his, one hand going up to wipe her tears. "I know you're not happy with how Pang's treating you after getting a boyfriend, but you have me and Chenle and we will never leave your side, okay?"

"Yeah, 'cause none of you will be getting a girl anytime soon." She smiled under her tears and Donghyuck noted to himself that she looked absolutely ethereal with her eyes glistening like diamonds as her reddened cheeks reminded him of rose petals. "Seriously, I know you won't leave me. Even if you have someone important in your life, I still can count on you, idiot."

"Mmhm, stuck with Lee Donghyuck, your favourite Gryffindor." He winked, successfully lifting up the mood.

Ivy pretended to think, trying to tease him. "I don't know...Jeno and Mark might steal that spot-"

"Let them try." He pulled her even closer, daring to leave no space in between them. "But I won't let them take it."

"Ew, stop flirting. I want to dance with my sister too." Chenle interrupted, pulling his friend away and stealing Ivy for a dance.

"Lele-" Ivy bursted into laughter, watching Donghyuck walk away after making a face at Chenle behind his back. "We were about to kiss, you know?"

"Yeah and I didn't want the whole dance floor to see you making out with my best friend. That would be an embarrassing story to tell your grand kids." Chenle added.

"You're so overprotective. I'm older than you!" Ivy argued, giving her brother an annoyed expression.

Chenle could only give her a cheeky smile. "Suck it up, my child."

●●●As you may or may not know, I am whipped for Lee Haechan

●●●
As you may or may not know, I am whipped for Lee Haechan