(14) Monopoly, a game that brings everyone together

The restricted area of the castle's library did not look any different than the normal one, yet there were far more dust collected everywhere in every nook of the place

The restricted area of the castle's library did not look any different than the normal one, yet there were far more dust collected everywhere in every nook of the place. Ivy groaned as she spotted spider webs woven loosely around heavy books. She spotted the grounds covered by torn paper and the air smelled unpleasant to the point she wanted to return to her dormitories.

"Take your time in cleaning." The librarian spoke for the first time after escorting the two. "I will fetch you in two hours."

As soon as the librarian was out of her sight, Ivy rushed towards the book shelves, scanning the name plates in hopes of spotting something about Zhong Liang. She didn't give a thought about Jaemin, who was standing in the middle of the room with his arms crossed in front of his chest, observing her useless attempts.

"I'll wipe off the dust, you can pick up all of these torn papers." Jaemin said and Ivy hummed, deciding it's better to start with cleaning before going through a place she barely knew.

Not even a minute later, Ivy sighed out of frustration, feeling tired after crouching down to clean the floor. She knew why Snape gave them a month time detention. Because the restricted section was a giant mess.

"So many books...What's the point if no one's allowed to read any of these?" Ivy talked among herself, her eyes scanning the thick books.

"They're dangerous, stupid. Ever heard of forbidden books at Ilvermorny?" Jaemin answered before sneezing a couple of times. Being extremely allergic to dust particles, Jaemin had forgotten to bring a mask to cover his nose and mouth.

Stunned, Ivy didn't dare to answer.

"Of course, you're not from there, aren't you?" He questioned again, his demanding tone bringing chills up to her spine.

"Silence is an answer as well." Jaemin scoffed forcefully. "Your family is banned from entering the castle grounds, including you. Which makes me wonder, how did you get pass the entrance?"

"Listen," Ivy started, her head aching from using her time to argue with none other than Na Jaemin. "I just simply don't want to communicate with you. Understood? Now leave me alone."

"Sooner or later, you will be caught red handed." Jaemin muttered, earning a groan from the Slytherin girl. She turned around and walked away, having enough of his behavior.

The punishment for the day ended quickly and Ivy didn't hesitate to leave the place and join her friends. She had forgotten all about having fun and for the first time after a while, she could finally relax.

Donghyuck was the first to spot her hurrying towards the lot. The rest of her friends were immersed into the so called wizard monopoly game, which by the way was an upcoming disaster.

"I HATE YOUUU!!" Chenle shouted, catching everyone's attention. The Hufflepuff didn't bother to apologise and neither were the students in his surrounding surprised for they already knew how loud Zhong Chenle could be.

"Oh!!!? WeLL nEXt tiMe doN'T sTeAl mY mOnoPolY!" Jisung shouted back, raising his voice, which was a lovely surprise.

"Chenle, give Jisung his two hundred Galleons. You landed on his property." Jeno said calmly.

"NO, HE'S IN JAIL. I'M NOT GONNA GIVE MONEY TO A CRIMINAL!" Chenle shot back with no remorse. Ivy watched them in amusement, knowing her brother was very competitive when it comes to games.

"That's not how you PLAYYYYY!!!!" Jisung wasn't going to give up that easily. Jaemin didn't raise him to be a coward after all.

"Jeno, can you please stop them before I snap open both of their heads?" Renjun whispered, almost too close to joining the screaming Hufflepuffs.

"Shut the hell up Renjun, you don't get to talk after stealing my last railroad." And Jeno lost his mind as well.

"I WISH I WAS NEVER BORN!!!" Jisung complained, slamming his fist against the table, shaking off the contents.

"ME TOO!! YOU THINK I WANTED THIS??-" Jeno answered but he got interrupted by Chenle screaming on top of his lungs.

Jaemin rolled his eyes and walked closer to Chenle, covering his mouth to muffle his scream. "Never again. Throw that game away before one of you challenge the other to a Wizarding duel."

Mark agreed with the younger one and grabbed the remaining pieces of the game bits, shoving them into a bag and tossing it under the table, keeping it away from everyon's eyes. Once everyone had calmed down, the lot decided to just sit down and do their homework. So much for Ivy's relaxing hangout with her friends.

Ivy rested her head on Donghyuck's shoulder as she watched everyone work quietly. After having a long day, all she wanted was her bed and nothing more.

"Close your eyes. I'll wake you up when it's time for dinner." Donghyuck spoke softly.

Ivy shook her head, not really saying anything. Her attention drifted to Jaemin, who was busy reading a book. Feeling her eyes set on him, the blond looked up, catching her stare.

Jaemin smirked with confidence gleaming in his eyes, holding the stare while none of them dared to break the eye contact. Allthough they guessed no one noticed their intense staring contest, Jisung watched them in awe. He nudged Chenle, whispering him something.

"Feisty." Chenle commented, sending a wink to Ivy.

"What?" Jeno asked, confused as he was only memorising spells.

"Nothing." Ivy spoke, brushing it off before focusing on her school work. She looked up one last time but Jaemin went back to reading his book, not wanting to waste his time on a girl he wasn't fond of.

"Hey guys." Pang walked in. She sat beside Jaemin and placed her belongings on the table. "I thought we were going to play some board games tonight?"

"Cancelled." Jaemin answered. "Chenle and Jisung got into a fight."

"Oh...I'm not surprised though. Chenle does that all the time. Doesn't matter what you play, he screams." Pang rolled her eyes playfully.

Jaemin chuckled at what she said, closing his book to divert his full attention on the Ravenclaw.

As they were in their own world, leading a small conversation, Ivy watched her best friend in envy. Pang had managed to bring a smile on Jaemin's face, befriending him but all Ivy did was nothing yet he misunderstood her, blaming the girl for something she had never done.

●●●1Don't mind me, I added a scene from TheOdd1sOut video :)

●●●1
Don't mind me, I added a scene from TheOdd1sOut video :)