(53) An unexpected personal history lesson

Roaring with bloodlust, the muggle army charged for the unarmed wizards and witches

Roaring with bloodlust, the muggle army charged for the unarmed wizards and witches. They launched flaming arrows, their blades ripping through anything they could find, igniting the school grounds on fire.

Professor Dumbledore rushed downstairs with Mcgonagall while the rest of the staffs remained in the Great Hall to calm down the students.

"How did they manage to break the shield?" The old wizard questioned, watching as the army marched forward. "Only someone from inside has the ability to break it. I doubt it's one of our own students, Minerva."

The witch panicked. "We have to prepare them at least. We've no time."

They rushed back into the Great Hall, silencing everyone as soon as Mcgonagall out a piercing whistle.

"Prepare your wands, we have to fight back!" Dumbledore voiced, his tone crystal clear. "Protect yourself until we've sorted the matter out, until then try your best to keep yourself safe."

Everyone started to panic, some running outside excitedly while the other crawled in groups at a corner.

"Ivy, where are you going?" Mark asked as soon as he noticed her standing up from her seat.

"I left my wand in the astronomy tower." She said, glancing at Jaemin. She wasn't lying. After spending the early morning with him, watching the sunrise, she had foolishly forgotten her weapon somewhere in the tower.

"I'll come with you." Jaemin suggested.

"No, I'll be right back." Ivy smiled and ran away quickly.

After climbing to the top of the Astronomy tower, Ivy spotted her wand lying on the ground at the entrance. The moment she was about to leave, someone had called out her name desperately.

She turned around and met with Jungwoo's guilty stare, who was standing by the balcony while his fingers fidgeted nervously. The girl brushed off any negative thoughts and walked forward to stand next to him. As she stood there, watching the sea of flames beneath her, Jungwoo cleared his throat.

"I'm sorry." He whispered. "I really am."

"What for?" Ivy asked.

The Ravenclaw shook his head and allowed his feet to carry himself towards a funny looking metalic basin. The Pensieve, they had called it, an enchanted object used to review memories. Filled with silvery liquid substance, Ivy watched as the gas danced in the air right above it. She followed Jungwoo and stood in front of it.

"Why do you have this here?" She questioned suspiciously. "Were you expecting someone?"

"I was." He answered honestly. "I am not allowed to speak the truth but I can show it, only if I have your permission."

She could only nod. Whatever he wanted to show, she wanted to see as quick as possible. The screams downstairs had gotten louder as time ticked, leaving her no choice but to hurry.