(50) When you want to kill a snake, just ride it like a horse, guide by Hyuck

Mark glanced suspiciously at the large Salaza Slytherin's statue, taking a few steps backwards and bumping into Donghyuck, who dropped his wand accidentally afterwards

"Ugh shit!" Donghyuck cursed out loud and bended down to pick it up. The Gryffindor clearly hasn't been paying attention in class, not knowing a single sound could wake the beast up.

"The exit-" Renjun said in hushed tones. "We have to leave this place. Dumbledore must be somewhere in the castle."

"What are you two so concerned about?" Donghyuck questioned, his back facing the statue while he kept his eyes on Renjun and then Mark. "What's wrong with this fancy snake hangout?"

"You never read don't you?" Renjun groaned.

"Shhh!" Mark snapped. Donghyuck rolled his eyes out of annoyance, watching his friends eyes widen.

The boy turned around and saw what the problem was. He held his breath, gripping his wand tightly as his feet took fastening steps towards the exit. The light of their wands reflected on the dragon like snakeskin, glowing brightly in poisonous green while its deadly yellow eyes loomed over the three helpless wizards. The basilisk was at least fifty feet long, larger than any other snakes and powerful than any dragon.

"Whatever happens, do not look at it in the eyes." Renjun warned. "It will cause instant death and if you make eye contact indirectly, you will be petrified."

"So what are we going to do now?" Donghyuck asked, his voice no longer beaming with confidence. "I don't think we can have a tea party-"

"RUN." Mark screamed, passing the pillars and heading right towards the door. He opened the door right away but the beast was fast enough to block the exit with its large body. Without any hesitance, Mark closes his eyes shut.

The basilisk lashed down like a wave, about to impale Mark. With a gasp, Donghyuck ran to its side and leapt onto it. The beast reared up in surprise over the pillars, Donghyuck clunging to the dark green snake body for his dear life.

"LEAVE!" Donghyuck shouted.

"Are you kidding me?!" Renjun asked, helping Mark to breath properly.

"GET ME PROFESSOR DUMBLEDORE OR SNAPE. I CAN HOLD ON FOR A FEW MINUTES. NOW GO!"

As the basilisk was distracted, Renjun took it as a chance to escape the chamber with Mark. He ran along the corridor, knowing Donghyuck's wand alone cannot kill the beast. The only weapon they needed was the enchanted sword of Godric Gryffindor and Dumbledore knew where it was.

Donghyuck screamed as it swung him through the air as he glanced at the wand he just dropped. Taking a deep breath, he dug his nails into its dragon like skin and climbed higher towards where its head was. The boy didn't go any further, the basilisk swung him off itself over the pillars and right into the chamber's center. Donghyuck acted quick and shielded his head, landing on his back against the hard concrete floor.