(21) I hate this couple

"Goodbye Pang, have a nice holiday

"Goodbye Pang, have a nice holiday." Ivy smiled as she engulfed the Ravenclaw in a hug. Awkward, was the word to describe how they both had felt at that moment but they knew better to than confront each other their feelings and sort them out.

With a small pat on her back, Pang pulled away with a cheeky smile, lacing her fingers with Jaemin's as she took one step back. "I'll be back next year."

"Sounds like you're going away for a long time." Donghyuck chuckled loosely. "Don't die please."

"Yeah, Jaemin you better take good care of her." Chenle added as his brotherly instincts started to kick in.

Jaemin rolled his eyes openly before nodding. The boy didn't have the energy to utter a single word, let alone form a whole sentence. It was six am in the morning and his friends had made the effort to get up and say goodbye before he could drive off to his mansion.

"Next time you better take me. I miss Mrs.Na's butterbeer cookies." Renjun spoke, gently hitting Jaemin's back in a joking manner.

"I'll bring back some, don't worry." Jaemin managed to say, his raspy morning voice coated with tiredness. "Mother always nags me because of you, Huang. I think she prefers you as her son."

Jeno released a snicker before pulling his best friend in for a side hug. "Quit acting like one of snow white's dwarves, will you?"

"Whatever."

"I have something to cheer you up." Jisung butted in, wrapping his arms around Jaemin's shoulders and pulling him closer. That simple action really did work. Seeing Jaemin smile, flashing his pearly whites, Ivy awed at the sight.

"Kiss him on his cheek too while you're at it." Mark teased, a daily habit of his whenever he saw Jisung hug the older male. Jaemin would've puckered his lips to place a peck on Jisung's cheek, knowing he was a sucker for affection but he wasn't ready to show that side of him to his new friends, not yet.

"We have to go." Jaemin pulled away and took a step back to hold Pang's hand. He led her into his car and the driver welcomed them with a warm smile. After the car had disappeared from their sight, Jisung yawned and threw himself on Jeno, causing the man to groan in response.

"I'm not your bed, Pwark." Jeno muttered, dragging him inside without pulling away. "You're acting like a Princess."

"Carry me too." Chenle said, sharing a glance with Renjun.

"No." The Ravenclaw deadpanned before walking away towards his dormitory.

"Ey, monster shoulders!" Donghyuck's voice echoed through the stoned hallways, catching Renjun's attention. "We're heading upstairs into the Astronomy Towers to watch the sunrise."

"We are?" Jisung widened his eyes, pushing Jeno away as he struggled to keep his feet in balance.

Renjun's lips curved into a small smile as he waited for his friends to catch up so they could go together. At least waking up this early wasn't going to be a complete waste.

And finally after what it had seemed like centuries, the sun rose, its golden flames stretching over outwards into the rich blue. The golden rays kissed their skin, bringing warmth to vanish the cold. The seven of them leaned against the balcony rails, watching the blackness of the night disappear, nature's magic amusing them all than something they could create within themselves.

"The sun, it reminds me of you," Ivy whispered but everyone had heard her. "Donghyuck."

"I agree." Mark added, "You're warm just like the sun and you look great in a sunbath."

"What is it now? Complementing Donghyuck time?" He asked, his cheeks burning after getting praised by Mark. "I'm not complaining though, keep doing it and I'll give you my heart in the future."

Mark could only roll his eyes playfully as he focused them later towards the sky.

"Ivy, you never really told us what really happened that night." Renjun brought up the incident that had been bothering him for the past two days. "You told us you were knocked out by a tree and ended up in Hagrid's hut. I'm having a hard time believing that."

"I did end up in his hut, Renjun." Ivy started. "But the reason I was out there because someone forced me to run outside and I subconsciously walked into the Forbidden forest."

"That doesn't make sense. Why would you do that?" Chenle asked.

"Remember when I started to study and lose sleep for the upcoming exams? It's because me and Jaemin made a bet. He suggested whoever ranks the highest out of us two decides what the loser does in return, which was spending a night in the dark forest. I lost and-"

"So he dragged you all the way in there?!" Jisung questioned, his eyes blinking at the girl with disappointment.

"No, he didn't. Someone else did and we still don't know who so we decided to drop the subject and act like it didn't happen. I fainted in that forest and thankfully, Hagrid saved me from getting attacked by creatures in there. Yeji and Jaemin came to pick me up."

"That's weird..." Jeno said, his mind coming up with countless possibilities of how Ivy could've been dragged outside and by who. "Anyone could have taken you outside. Did you at least notice what he was wearing?"

"A robe, but I'm not sure which house but it definitely belongs to a student. That's why I thought it was Jaemin but turns out, he wasn't planning to send me in there without a little talk." Ivy sighed, stretching her arms up in the air to loosen up.

"That's still cruel of him." Renjun mumbled. "I'm disappointed but not surprised, it's Na Jaemin we're talking about. He doesn't care about anyone he isn't close with-"

The Ravenclaw noticed the sudden sadness flashing in her eyes, causing him to stop midway. He should've been careful with his choice of words. "He had done something similar to us as well. He burned down my bookshelf once when we were twelve."

"So childish of him." Chenle commented, earning a few nods from the rest.

●●●Jaemin changed his hair to black and now he looks so pure and innocent🥺

●●●
Jaemin changed his hair to black and now he looks so pure and innocent🥺