E P I L O G U E

Ivy had always thought that a birthday can be sweet without gifts, cake or surprises

Ivy had always thought that a birthday can be sweet without gifts, cake or surprises. As long as she had her friends, she would rather spend her day drinking butterbeer and playing games under the stars. She always wondered what it feels like to have a bunch of friends, enough people to go on a trip to somewhere else. Perhaps a road trip, or a beach week, maybe fly to another country.

But what she didn't expect was her friends coming up with excuses ever since she had waken up, saying they hadn't had the time to prepare anything for her. School season had started a week ago, which meant they weren't stacked with exams or many homeworks. The only thing they were supposed to be doing at the moment was Snape's essay assignment.

Chenle dragged Jisung to a phone shop, complaining how the guys didn't own something that represents the 21st century. The pair managed to escape as soon as they set their eyes on Ivy, who was looking for Yeji.

Yeji, however, did not have any plans. But she forced a smile and lied about being confused about the modern world, locking herself inside her dorm room so she could avoid the birthday girl.

Ivy's birthday was only a few hours away, once the clock strikes twelve, she would be turning twenty. None of her friends seemed to be aware of her expressions, her excitement. They always expressed their thoughts the day before, even Donghyuck was silent, smiling and paying attention to another girl who seemed to be caught his eye.

"Hyuck, wanna go get some butterbeer?" Ivy asked him.

The Gryffindor boy turned around with a small sigh, annoyingly staring at her while holding hands with the new girl.

"Hyuckie has plans with me, sorry." She smiled innocently.

"Yeah, Jinhee and I are having a date today and tomorrow. Sorry." Donghyuck turned back around, leaving his friend almost speechless.

When she saw Jeno, his arms wrapped around his new girlfriend Yuhwa, Ivy assumed that it was for the best to not interrupt them like she did with Donghyuck. She wanted someone to talk with and plan her special day, so she went to the next person.

"Renjun, are you busy?" She asked the Ravenclaw boy who was laying in the grass with no books in sight.

Renjun hummed a yes before closing his eyes. "Go find someone else to bother, Ivy. I'm going to have my nap, right now."

"Here? In the wet grass? Middle of the courtyard? Surrounded by loud stu—"

"Yes."

"Fine." She huffed, crossing her arms in front of her chest and rushing towards Mark Lee.

"Mark, don't tell me you're busy too." Ivy spoke with a loud sigh.

"I was meaning to ask you about tomorrow. Isn't it your birthday?" Mark asked casually while stacking up books in the library shelves. "I wanted to ask if a small gathering in The Three Broomsticks sounds nice? I know it's not big but everyone else seemed to have forgotten."