Chapter Nine

Luckily, Sakura didn’t see Sasuke and I in the storage. I managed to escape fast enough, though Sasuke didn’t look like he liked it very much, but then again, what does he like?

Probably nothing, uh, that was pretty rude, wasn’t it? Sigh.

Alright, so anyway, I heard the game is tomorrow at the end of the day, not like I care, I’m not going. Never have, never will, it’s just not my thing.

It’s around 4th period, we just came back from lunch, which was a total bust by the way. Sakura wanted me to sit with her and the cheerleaders by all means, so me being me, I just left. And that’s where I am now. The library’s closed, and I have nowhere else to go.

I sigh lightly, waiting for the bell to ring, so lunch can end already. Seriously, I’m like bored out of my mind right now. So I just sit on the stairs leading upstairs where the Junior and Senior classes are.

It felt like forever before the bell finally rang and I could head to class. So I headed to Art, walking super slow because I personally don’t like being the first in class.

So I walked at a snail pace all the way to art class. How in the world am I going to handle both Sasuke and Sakura in the same room?

Sigh, whatever I’m gaining from this is soo not worth it.

~*~

Sigh. The long awaited moment; after school. More like Cheerleading practice. I had been dreading the coming of this very moment.

Why? You ask

Well, because of the simple fact that Sasuke will be there. No doubt he’ll try something. So I really don’t want to be there when he does, but I don’t think he will if I’m not there.

Ah! I’ve got it! I’ll just skip practice. Though Sakura would never hear the end of it, I think it’ll be worth it. Sigh, look at me, I’m actually thinking so low as to skip practice just to avoid a guy. Seriously Sayuri, what has gotten into you?!

Sighing once again, I decided to just take forever to get to practice, but then I realized that that would bring unwanted attention to myself, and I wouldn’t want that. So now I’m stuck with going to practice on time. Sigh

Too bad I had to walk into someone, me and my clumsy self. I looked up, noticing the bored face of Shikamaru. Frankly, I’m just relieved it wasn’t Sasuke, even though it was Shikamaru, but personally, I have nothing against him. He’s much too lazy to do anything. Though people say he’s a genius, I frankly don’t see it, all I see is a boring pineapple headed 17 year old guy.

He sighs dramatically, “what a drag, are you okay?” he asks, holding out his hand to me, still looking bored by the way, geez, he has absolutely no enthusiasm.

I nod, grabbing his hand and letting him help me up. I almost forgot he’s on the soccer team, as the playmaker, and speaking of which, our team has never lost, not once. Hmm, he just may be a genius.

“You can let go of my hand now” he says, referring to my hand which was still clutching his quite tightly.

“Oh, sorry!” I say laughing nervously as he walks into the gym, leaving me alone. Now that was embarrassing.

I cleared all thoughts of the previous event and walked into the gym where we would be practicing due to certain circumstances. Today, I’m supposed to teach them stunts, but frankly I don’t really think they can master new stunts in a day, that would just be too much, so I decided to teach them the stunts after the big game tomorrow.

Sigh. Come to think of it, I probably have to go to the game, seeing as I’m part of the cheerleading squad now. What a drag. Oh great, he’s already rubbing off on me.

“Sayuri! You came” squealed Sakura, pulling me into a super abnormally tight hug. While I was struggling to breathe, I happened to notice the guys were also in the gym.

Sakura finally let me go so I could breathe, not that she even noticed I was turning blue. So anyway, Ino magically noticed my confusion about the guys being in the gym; “Kakashi-sensei didn’t want to go outside today, we don’t know why, but we had to go with it, so we’re going to cheer them on in their practice match, almost as if it was the real game”

I just nodded, pretending to care. I knew I shouldn’t have come. “Oh and practice ends early today” said Sakura, smiling at me.

And so, the guys picked teams while we took formation by the supposed soccer field. We all grabbed our pompoms, and started our cheer. Meanwhile, I still can’t believe I agreed to this.

Sigh.