Chapter Forty-Eight

“Sayuri??!” I immediately turned away from Sasuke and my sudden urge to kiss him. Wait where did that come from??! Guess it really was sudden… “What’re you doing with Sasuke-kun??” Sakura looks at suspiciously as the rest of the girls ogle Sasuke.

I glance at him and suppress a smile, he looked soo annoyed. “Nothing, Sakura, I can’t talk to people now??” I raise an eyebrow and notice Sasuke’s smirk. This time, I don’t try to hide my smile.

Sakura looked surprised and sort of… sad. “You’re still mad aren’t you?”

My smile disappears as I sigh; “I wasn’t mad, I was just… surprised.” That was the wrong word, but I honestly have no idea how to explain how I felt. I guess, I felt somewhat rejected, in a way, but even that’s wrong.

“Well, we’re sorry and we promise not to be ungrateful.” Sakura looked so guilty, and sad, it’s kinda hard to stay mad at that. I could feel their stares at me, even Sasuke’s, it wasn’t very comfortable.

“Fine, if you absolutely promise to be good, I’ll give you your tickets” with a sigh, I look down are my broken heel. Now, how am I going to get home??

“Oh no, your shoe broke, I’ll go get the car.” Without so much as a warning, Sakura ran off in her heels making me wonder how she doesn’t break her ankle. Fangirls, you gotta love ‘em!

~*~

Days passed by in a blur of emotions, activities and many more. I was much too busy trying to raise my failing grade in calculus to really pay attention to any of the talk of Valentine’s Day from the Sasuke loving cheerleaders. Then again, Valentine’s Day was never really my thing and people like TenTen, Naruto and Hinata knew that, but unfortunately Sakura and the others didn’t.

Let’s just say, this week isn’t going to go well for well. You see, Konoha high likes to do weird things for different holidays, if Valentine’s Day is a holiday. Anyway, during the week before Valentine’s Day, they sell all sorts of flowers and chocolates and whatever other Valentine’s Day thing to suck money out of people. Of course, the only thing I like about Valentine’s Day, as you all may or may not have noticed, is the fact that I get to buy as much candy as I want; now that I’m rich anyway.

Since it’s Valentine’s Day week, teachers want to be lazy and refuse to take late work, which is really eating up my grade now. Fortunately for me, if I make at least a 95% on the next test, I can still make a B in the class. Unfortunately for me, I have no idea what the test is on. So you can imagine what I would be like when Sakura suddenly asks me to help her make chocolate on one abnormally bright February day.

Almost immediately, I gave her one of my now famous, due to this week, glares that say: “get away from me before I murder you.”I’ve been giving so many people that glare it’s not even funny anymore. Not that it ever was.

Weirdly enough, the only person who seems utterly oblivious to my glare is the one and only Sasuke Uchiha, of course; mainly because he isn’t really here to witness it. For a guys who can’t, won’t, leave me alone, he sure knows when to. Maybe I should say, he sure knows when not to.

For some completely unknown reason I can’t seem to concentrate n anything, instead I keep finding myself staring at the window, trying to convince myself that I’m not waiting for him. I know I’m soo wrong though. No matter how much I try to convince myself I’m not waiting, a small part of my mind keeps whining to me that I am and I know it.

As Valentine’s Day inches closer, I see less and less of Sasuke, and the less I see him, the more I can’t concentrate, so eventually, I agree to teach Sakura how to make chocolate. Even though we aren’t technically making it ourselves, it’s still pretty original so I’ll go with that.

~*~

Many hours and really messy kitchen later, Sakura and I finally finished making the chocolates. Who knew she was such a terrible cook, even though we weren’t really even cooking. I’d hate to see what she’d do with an actual stove…

Anyway, while we left the chocolates in the freezer, I went out a bought candy bracelets for all my friends, yes including Sasuke. It’s probably completely useless to buy him one but oh well, if he doesn’t eat it, then I will, no problem. I also got tons of lollipops and almost toppled over from laughing so hard when I spotted a white bunny in one of the stores I happened to pass by.

Knowing me and my fetish for sweets, I went to one of the many food courts and ordered my favorite; chocolate-vanilla swirl ice cream with Oreos. This time, I decided to finish my snack before leaving, but almost as if it was expected, I just had to bump into someone. No, it was not Sasuke. Seeing who it though, I wish it was.

In front of me was none other than Kaori, the only other person I know to have kissed Sasuke. She grinned at me while eyeing my bags. “Candy shopping??” remembering my training from Pink Lily Café, I grinned back and nodded while gathering my bags.

She gives me a weird look like I was dancing in the mall naked of something; “you’re not mad??”

I simply raised an eyebrow; “about??”

She nods in understanding before smirking at me and making me feel like I was missing a secret the whole world knew; “what, you didn’t know??” she pauses for a few seconds, “I’m going out with Sasuke now”

My smile falters, but I quickly regain my composure. “Why would I be mad about that??” I probably should’ve seen it coming though, I mean, they did kiss, in the hallway, of the school.

“Oh, I don’t know, I just thought you guys were close” she gives me a knowing look. Suddenly I feel like crying, I mean, I told him everything, I didn’t even tell TenTen those things. I never asked him to tell me anything, but… I just thought we were closer than that.

I guess I was wrong. “Close?! We barely even know each other” I have to get out of here, now. “Anyway, I have to go, before I break my arm with these bags.” I smile a begin walking away. “I’ll talk to you later in school or something” I just couldn’t get out of there fast enough.

While I drove I unconsciously thought of various reasons why Sasuke might not have told me, or if he wasn’t dating her at all. Before I knew it, I was home and my eyes weren’t feeling so good.

“Sayuri, the chocolates are done, look!!” While Sakura tried to show me her chocolate making skills, I was too busy trying to hold back tears, it wasn’t working.

“I’ll be in my room” I practically jog up the stairs to reach my room before my tears overflowed. Fortunately, I was able to safely make it to my room before it all came pouring. All I heard before total silence was a small, “Sayu-chan?”

-*Sasuke*-

“What’d you want?” I glare at the annoying excuse for a girl in front of me.

She just smirks; “well jeez, can’t even a say a proper hello now??” she flashes a grin before continuing; “I told her we’re going out”

“You did what?!” before she could properly respond, I pinned her to the nearest wall. “I thought I told you that was prohibited!!”

“Goodness, no need to get all heated, she’s just a girl!!” we glare at each other for a few seconds before she smirks. “Wait a minute, she’s not just a girl, is she?” she grins, “I can’t believe it, little Sasuke’s in love”