Chapter Forty-Two

Soo cold…

I open my eyes with much difficulty, looking around to try to figure out where I am. Weirdly enough, I’m in my room, but unfortunately, it doesn’t explain why I’m soo cold.

Before I could try and figure out why I was cold, I realized something. Last time I checked, I was with Sasuke in the clearing behind the park; so how did I get here???

As I tried to think of possible ways I could’ve gotten here, my eyes drifted to my open window. Well, that explains a lot.

I sigh and get up, immediately feeling the icy cold breeze from the open window and immediately, I wanted to hide under the covers again. In an attempt to keep warm, I wrap my arms around myself as I made it to the window, but anyone would know that my arms didn’t keep me warm in the least. Noticing the snow on the ground next to the window, I tried my best not to step in; failed miserably, but still managed to close the window.

Of course, the whole snow by the window thing didn’t surprise me seeing as the window was open, which reminded me to scream at Sasuke if he ever comes. But still, it made me wonder why Sasuke left the window open in the first place, after all he does usually close it, or I do, if I’m there.

I didn’t have much time to contemplate Sasuke’s strange behavior because soon enough Sakura broke into my room loud as ever.

“Sayuri, omg, I was soo worried” she immediately tackles me in one of her literally breath taking hugs. I call it ‘The Choker’.

“Ok, Sakura, can you let go!!” I say trying to make her loosen her grip. Unfortunately, and as always, it doesn’t work.

Not soon enough, she seemed to notice the condition of my room and stopped choking me. “Sayuri, why is your room soo cold?!” she asks, obviously not noticing the pile of snow by my window.

“Uh, I don’t know” I say failing to come up with an excuse. I mean what am I gonna tell her, that Sasuke carried me and brought me to my room through my window and left it open?! I think not.

She stares a time for a few seconds, before clearly noticing the pile of snow. She sighs, shaking her like I’m some really clumsy person that you’d expect this from everyday. “Oh, I see, you left your window open” she says laughing before noticing that said window was closed.

“But, then, why isn’t your window open??” she asks looking majorly confused.

“Uh, cause, I closed it” I say, trying to make her leave so I can take a shower. I really, have to pay Sasuke a visit!

Right when Sakura turns to face me, I hear a faint click before her loud voice almost makes me think it was my imagination. “But, if you closed it, it wouldn’t be cold” she says like I’m stupid.

I rolled my eyes before eying the window, uncertain if I really heard the click. Unfortunately for me, Sasuke’s head emerges through the window a few seconds later.

My left eye twitches as I try to remember what I was going to say to Sakura. Instead I laugh nervously, and try to drag Sakura from the room; too bad she’s way stronger than me. It’s really starting to seem like everyone’s stronger than me.

“You what, Sakura, I think it’s a bit too cold in here, how about we leave” I ask, emphasizing the last word, and purposely directing it at Sasuke. He just raises an eyebrow and smirks.

Winking, he lowers his head from the window, and I almost mentally relax. Wait, did he just wink???

“Sayuri?” asks Sakura, looking even more confused.

“Huh? Oh uh, I really need to take a shower, so could you like, leave??” I ask as politely as I could before trying to push her out the door. It doesn’t work, but she does walk out though.

“Fine, but don’t forget Lip-sync” she says before I close the door. I also lock it by the way.

By the time I turn around, Sasuke’s kicking at the snow and smirking at me. “Didn’t you hear me, I have to take a shower, leave” I say walking to my bathroom.

Right as I open the door, he grabs me from behind; “we could take one together” he whispers; his breath hitting my neck.

“Eh?” I could feel my face heating up as my grip on the door knob loosens. Anyway, after I finally regain my sanity; I shake head and squirm out of his grip, heading straight for the door. “Uh uhn, I don’t think so” I murmur, walking in the bathroom.

He just raises an eyebrow and smirks. “Your face is red” he says before I slam the door in his face.

Meanwhile, I slid down the door, trying, and failing to get rid of my blush. I know my face is red, damn it!!!

I glare at the door imagining Sasuke behind it. Too soon after, though, my imagination betrays me and the Sasuke suddenly before shirtless. Something’s wrong though; I have no idea how Sasuke looks without a shirt.

No, I don’t want to know!!

You don’t want to know Sayuri!!!

Sighing, I shake the thought out of my head and decide to finally take a shower, thinking maybe, it’ll wash away my stupid blush too. I doubt it, but still.

-*Sasuke*-

She is really fun to mess with.

I smirk and look around her room, noticing her phone on the nightstand, with a missed call notice on the screen. Curious, I walk over to it, keeping an eye on the bathroom where Sayuri is.

The call was from TenTen, and she left a message. As the missed call message goes away, notice the picture in the background. It’s one of Sayuri, but she looks slightly different. She has long hair and she’s not looking at the screen. She has headphones, but even still, I could her shiny blue eyes.

A sudden crash from the bathroom shatters my train of thought and I quickly find the picture to send it to my phone. As soon as I receive it, I jump out the window, besides, even I know she’d never let me watch her dress.

~*Sayuri*~

“Ow, that hurt” I murmur as I exit the evil bathroom. Seeing as I didn’t have time to bring my change of clothes to the bathroom, I only had a towel, so you can see why I would search frantically to see if Sasuke was still here.

But fortunately for me, he isn’t and I can change in peace. I smile and walk over to my dresser.

“Let’s see, red, or blue?” I ask myself, holding up the two different bras.

As I continue contemplating the decision, my phone beeps on the nightstand, immediately drawing my attention to it. I pick it up and open the message from an unknown number. I’d go with the blue one, if I were you.