Chapter Eleven

All I have to say is “wow”. I mean seriously, we are currently winning 5-4. We’re up against the Kirigakure Water Demons, and they are actually putting up a rather good fight. The cheerleading team is cheering pretty good as of the moment, what I mean is that I bet after a few minutes they’ll be too caught up in ‘watching the game’ to do anything else. Though, I’m not complaining, that just means I get to slack off too.

While I slack off, I notice Naruto, Hinata and TenTen at the game, which is surprising because they didn’t tell me they were going to come. Though I don’t really expect them too, they know I probably wasn’t going to come with them.

But anyway, I decide to make my appearance. After all, I was tired from all that jumping around and yelling, even though people couldn’t hear us.

“I knew it was you!” exclaimed TenTen before Naruto had the chance to say something, causing him to glare at her.

I squeezed in between TenTen and Naruto, causing annoyance in the whole row. “How did you know it was me?” I ask resting my head on Naruto’s shoulder.

“We’re not stupid Sayuri, we could tell you from a mile away, even if you were wearing the hideous cheerleading outfit” says TenTen, scowling. “And why didn’t you tell us you were coming?”

“Well, you didn’t tell me you were coming!” I retort, pouting. “And I didn’t know I was coming, stupid Sakura forced me to come!”

I look down for a second only to see Sakura motioning for me to come over there. I sigh quite dramatically as a wave of cold wind washes over me. I manage to snuggle closer to Naruto for warmth; “Nori, can I borrow your jacket?”

Apparently he was much too absorbed into the game to pay attention, but he did manage to give me his jacket. It was orange but I didn’t mind, as long as it was a jacket. So I quickly put it on and went back to the cheerleaders to resume our jumping around in skirts. Sigh

~*~

The game is finally over, and we won, by one goal. And guess who scored the winning goal. If you guessed anyone but Kiba, you're wrong! Yup, that’s right, Kiba scored the winning goal, though it wasn’t really a winning goal at the time, more like the tie breaking goal. But anyway, we won and that’s all over. I finally get to get some much needed sleep. Though by the look Sakura’s giving me, I don’t think I’ll be able to.

“Sayuri~” she giggles girlishly along with the other girls. I sighed softly before being tackled by the girls.

“Why are you hugging me? It’s the guys that won” I state, trying to get them off me, keyword trying.

They all squealed and ran over to the guys, screaming “Sasuke-kun, omedeto!!” I just sighed, smiling at his annoyed face as they surrounded him. After laughing at his misfortune for a few seconds, I quickly scanned the field for TenTen, Naruto, and Hinata.

I found them next to me a few minutes later, and they were laughing at me. “You really shouldn’t do that, you scared the shits outta me!” I exclaimed, walking with them back to the parking lots.

Naruto grabbed me in a choke hold, ruffling my perfectly slick hair while grinning. “Naruto, you're ruining my hair!!” I scream, trying to get out of his grip on m head. Seriously, he is stronger than he looks, not that he doesn’t look strong, but…whatever.

Once I finally got out of his grip, which took forever by the way; I ended up chasing him all the way to my car in the school student parking lot. Teachers park somewhere else because the students tend to vandalize the teachers cars, or at least the ones they don’t like; and I mean the teachers, not their cars.

“Do you want your jacket back?” I ask, moving to take off the orange jacket.

“Nah, I’m good” he says, showing his usual fox-like grin. TenTen and Hinata eventually caught up with us, and so did Sasuke and the team, along with the cheerleaders.

“Sayuri, you forgot your pompoms” said Ino, tossing me my pair of green and white pompoms.

“Thanks” I quickly unlock my car, ready to finally head home. Too bad that’s not going to happen.

“Come on Sayuri, are you forgetting the after party?” asks s grinning Sakura, not even waiting for me to answer.

I sigh, and slide into the driver’s seat, “no Sakura, I didn’t forget, seeing as you never told me” she rolls her eyes and slams my door. How nice.

I sigh and start my car; looking out my window one last time for unknown reasons, but of course, like it wasn’t already predicted, I found Sasuke staring at me.