Chapter Thirty-Six

“Sayuri-chan!!” exclaims Sakura from the hall. He seems to notice Sakura and doesn’t look too happy about it either, then again, neither am I; but why? Or maybe I should ask why not??

Sigh, this is just too confusing.

Finally snapping out of my little thought session, I push him away from me, with much struggling (from my side), and much smirking (from his side, duh). But finally, I was able to get him into the closet for hiding.

Less than a second later, Sakura barges into my room; almost immediately, she stops, staring at me wide-eyed.

“What?” I ask, oh so cluelessly.

“I’m jealous, you didn’t tell me you had curves!!” she exclaims, pouting.

“And how exactly am I supposed to tell you something like that??” I ask, waiting for her answer.

“That’s not my problem, you didn’t tell me” she said like she made all the sense in the world, even though it’s not nearly anything remotely close to that.

“That made absolutely no sense whatsoever!!” I exclaim, and I could’ve sworn I heard a snicker from the closet. “Besides, it’s you who has a problem about it, not me!!”

“Whatever.” she says, dismissing the discussion. “Anyway, put on some clothes, I have something to show you!” she laughs and walks out.

Less than a minute later she reopens the door; “I’ll be back in half an hour, I expect to see you dressed and ready to go”

I just sigh and watch as Sasuke exits my closet with a slight almost invisible blush; or maybe it’s not a blush, nope, I see nothing there. Weird

I shrug until I notice what he’s looking at. Me. Maybe, not exactly, not my face anyway.

I follow his line of vision and land on my chest; not cool.

I dart past him, and to my closet, making sure to bump into him as hard as I can. It doesn’t do anything.

He chuckled as I slammed the door of my closet. What I don’t get is why my heart is beating so fast, I mean, so what if he saw me in my underwear. What the hell am I saying?! That is soo not cool!!!

Hands on my chest, I slide down the closet door trying, and failing, to remove the blush from my face.

How come I didn’t notice? I mean, he told me I had a tattoo; you can’t see my tattoo unless my shirt is off or something. God, I am such an idiot.

~*~

Finally, Sasuke left and I was left by myself; for once. I actually made him leave before the half hour mark that Sakura set.

Exactly as she said, she came back, super excited. A little too excited. Meanwhile I’m just wondering when I agreed to this. Oh, that’s right, I didn’t!

“So what did you want to show me??” I ask following her out of my room.

She grins; and not a good grin either. “You’ll see” she winks and walks out of the large doors of Haruno Manor.

Oh, I don’t like the sound of this…

She drives for a while, giggling to herself. That is, until I find out where we are; the mall.

“Sakura” I glare long and hard at her. “Let me out”

“No way” she locks all the doors. I should’ve just gotten out

“Sakura let me out” I say slowly, keeping my glare.

“Oh come on, Sayuri, you’re not going to walk, just come with me for a little while, please” she pleads.

“Oh I’ll walk!” I say crossing my arms across my chest. Why is it that everyone wants me to go shopping with them??

She pouts, but doesn’t unlock the doors. I sigh; “go ask Ino or something”

She looks at me like I just asked her to shave her head. “I can’t, she would never know what to get Sasuke-kun”

“And you think I would??” I ask incredulously.

“Well at least you won’t try to take him away from me” she says looking away.

I sigh; “fine, but only 1 hour, understood?”

She squeals and tackles me, slamming me into the door, very painfully, might I add.

~*~

We looked at stores that Sasuke wouldn’t come anywhere close to. They also sold things that Sasuke would dare have anywhere near him.

No seriously, they sold from huge teddy bears to teddy bear jewelry. Necklaces to anklets. The place was packed, but not in a bad way per say.

I sigh for the millionth time today, no exaggeration, since I’ve been here with Sakura. Meanwhile, Sakura just keeps looking at countless teddy bear things, thinking Sasuke might actually like them. Yeah, that'll never happen.

Looking around the store, my eyes land on a huge life-sized brown teddy bear smiling at me, instantly reminding me of my ‘date’ with Sasuke.

I’m not exactly sure you would call that a date, since he was being a big jerk the whole time, but then again, he did kind of make it up with the teddy bear.

It’s weird really; I don’t think I’ve ever seen Sasuke act even remotely nice to anyone, let along give them something. It’s kind of… romantic.

Jeez!! What the hell am I saying?!

But, he did kiss me… even if it was just “to shut me up”

And then, he kissed Kaori.

I sigh again and watch Sakura run frantically around the whole store. What is wrong with me?

It’s not like he likes me and I like him, so why am I jealous??

Stupid Sasuke!!

I sigh again; more like ‘stupid me

What’s wrong with me?!

I’m an idiot, that’s what.