Chapter Fifty

“What about Valentine’s day??” I just raised an eyebrow at that; I mean I just told her about my so called “love” she’s talking about Valentine’s Day?!

She just smirked; “Aren’t you going to give him chocolate??”

My eyebrow stayed up; “uh, no, he has a girlfriend remember”

She just rolled her eyes; “I know that, duh, but still I’d rather be friends than nothing at all, then again, maybe that’s just me…”

I had to admit, she had a point. I didn’t want this to get between Sasuke and I. Sure, I was mad that he didn’t tell me, but maybe he had a reason, after all Sasuke isn’t the type to do something without a reason. “No, you’re right; I would rather be friends…”

When I finally found the time to look up, Sakura’s grin was so wide; her face didn’t look like it could contain it any longer. “Well, what’re you waiting for, go get him!!”

I smiled at her abundant enthusiasm before a sudden thought came to me, “but, he doesn’t eat sweets…”

Almost as if she’d heard this before, she rolled her eyes; “so? Who cares, it’s the thought that counts, right?”

Who knew Sakura would be this helpful??

“Thanks Sakura, for everything” I smiled and headed off to the kitchen; I knew exactly what I’d make. I’m so sorry, Sasuke-kun.

~*~

As always, the dreaded Monday morning came all too soon. My emotions are betraying me by wanting to see Sasuke, but my mind says no. I know he’s mad at me, but I can’t help but want to see him. I could decide not to cancel cheerleading practice, but my body won’t move and it’s practically a blizzard outside. I’ve never felt so at war with myself.

Sakura comes in asking about cheerleading, but I can’t bring myself to answer. She soon leaves. As much as I would love to skip school, I can’t. I’m already failing pre-calculus; I don’t need to fail my other classes too.

So, as much as I don’t want to, I get out of bed, quite sluggishly, might I add. Finally after an uncountable number of wasted time; I was going to school, and with school came Sasuke. Sigh.

Much to my disappointment, I was not late for school and I actually had to go to class or it would look real suspicious if I didn’t. I actually walked into economics with the rest of class for once since the first day of school. Sasuke was already there and it didn’t help that we were in our groups again. Kaori moved her seat permanently to our group and was now smirking at me.

I just ignored her and took my seat beside Sasuke, who didn’t even glance at me once. I knew it, he is mad at me :(

Class went by at a snail’s pace, at least that’s what it felt like. I actually did my work!! I just didn’t want to think about Sasuke ignoring me. I had no idea what to say, and it seemed like even if I did say something, he wouldn’t listen. Thinking that almost made me decide not to give him his chocolates. Almost

Finally class ended, but I still had my next class with him also. This is going to be a long day. A very long day.

~*~

At last, the longest day of my life ended, actually, only the longest school day of my life ended. Luckily there was no cheerleading practice so I knew that at least I wouldn’t have to deal with Sasuke’s silent treatment for another two hours.

Feeling very depressed, I headed home to retrieve the chocolates and leave them for Sasuke at our little hideout, if you would call it that. I just hoped he wouldn’t throw it with the ‘fan-mail’.