Chapter Thirty-Nine

I wake to a loud and weird whistle like sound. And, of course, the first thing I see when I open my eyes is pink, pink hair to be exact.

“Sakura, get off” I say referring to the heavy choking weight on my stomach.

“Great, you’re awake!” she exclaims, grinning and looking like she wants something that’ll probably be bad for me.

“Oh God, what is it??” I ask rolling my eyes.

“Why do you think I want something??” she asks ‘innocently’

“Because you do” I say rolling my eyes

She pouts and finally gets up; “ok, fine, so I want something, but I bet you can’t guess what it is” she says smirking, and thoroughly reminding me of Sasuke even though her smirk looked nothing like his.

I look at the Santa Claus bear as I replay the events of last night in my mind. He was acting pretty weird though, I wonder why. Maybe Christmas got to him.

Yea right!

But I still wonder why…

“Sayuri…” I blink, coming back to the cruel reality. Meanwhile Sakura grins, obviously having noticed the teddy bears.

“You have an admirer!!” she exclaims in an annoying high pitched voice.

I sigh, deciding not to give her attention; “So, what of it?”

She gasps overdramatically; “you’re not denying it!!”

“Am I supposed to??” I ask sighing.

“Normal people would, at least I think they would” she says looking up in thought.

“Well, gee, aren’t you smart” I say sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

She pouts; “you’re so mean”

“Gee thanks Sakura” I say rolling my eyes.

“No, I’m just kidding!! You’re not mean, you’re the nicest person ever!!!!” she exclaims pulling me in a bone crushing hug, literally.

“Sakura, you’re hurting me!!” I choke out, trying, and failing miserably, to get her off. I seriously feel like I’m about to die in her grip, I swear!!

“Oh yeah, I almost forgot!!” she exclaims suddenly, letting me go.

I take a deep breath; “if you’re just now remembering, you did forget” I say -_-

She rolls her eyes, “whatever, anyway, there’s a Countdown to New Year’s party tonight”

“Let me guess, you want me go” I say, cutting her off.

“Oh, good, you already know” she says smiling.

“I’m not going Sakura” I say crossing my arms over my chest.

“What, why not?!?!” she asks, startled, though I don’t see why, I don’t exactly agree with everything she says.

“I don’t want to, and besides, I can celebrate New Year’s at home” I say, not budging.

She pouts, “but that’s soo boring!!” she says

“Then I guess I’m a boring person” I say -_-

“But, but there will be candy!! Tons and tons of candy!!!” she exclaims, grabbing my attention.

I look at her; “What kind of candy??”

“Any kind you want” she says grinning. Fine, I’ll admit it, she got me.

“Fine, when does it start?” I ask -_-

It starts at 11pm, so we still have lots of time!!” she says ^-^. I just sigh, already exhausted. “Oh, and you’re going to need and kimono” she adds, grinning before walking to the door.

I sigh and roll my eyes; “there’s just one problem; I don’t have a kimono” I say, already knowing what’s going to come out of this.

“Oh, well, that’s okay, I need a new one too; we’ll go together!!” she says, unfazed.

I sigh again; I just know this is not going to end well.

~*~

Many hours and tons of uncomfortable moments later…

I’m finally home and in the comfort of my room. There’s just one problem; Sasuke is on my bed.

He turns to me at the sound of my sigh, at least I think so. “It’s not Monday” I say, placing my shopping bags right by the bed.

He turns back to his book that just noticed he had; “I was bored”

I smile; “wish I could say the same” I murmur before noticing the time; 10:13pm.

He looks back at me and smirks for reasons, I do not know. “Your face is red again” and there it is.

I just sigh and try to will my blush away. It doesn’t work. “Anyway, you’d better leave soon, I have somewhere to go” I say, clearing my throat.

He looks at me curiously; “where are you going??”

“Uh, there’s this Countdown to New Year’s party tonight; Sakura’s making me go” I say looking away.

He nods and goes back to his book. “You can come too, if you want; it’s by the Hokage mountain” I say smiling. But of course, I already know he’s not going come, so why get my hopes up.

He doesn’t answer and I can barely even see him. I sigh and remember the shopping bag; of course!!!

“Uh, Sasuke, can I get your opinion on something??” I ask, now evidently blushing.

He looks up, but quickly looks away; “Hn”

I smile and grab the shopping before going into my closet. Many struggles and unfaithful crashes later, I come out in my new kimono. “So, do you like it??” I ask blushing

A slight breeze and moonlight wafted through the room from the open window; he was smirking, no, smiling. He was smiling.

He got off the bed, leaving his book behind. He walked all the way to me before answering; “you look…” he looks away; “nice”

I smile; Not exactly what I was looking for, but oh well. “Why, thank you”

He looks back at me with that indescribable look of his and tucks a loose strand of hair behind my ear. “I have to leave now” he says smirking, probably at my tomato red face. He leans down; “Good luck” he whispers in my ear. As he comes back up, his lips brush my cheek.

His smirk doesn’t leave; “Ja” he walks to the window and jumps out.

Of course, I can’t help but turn red at the previous events that just happened, and so you can understand why I would be late walk to the window to watch him leave.

And again, you can understand why I would be totally and completely startled when Sakura comes in screaming about a party that’s about to start in less than 10 minutes.

So yeah, what a slow but eventful night.

“Sayuri, you know, your face is really red. You’re not sick are you??” asks Sakura looking concerned.

I look up from the window; “uh, no, I’m fine, just perfect” I say, smiling.

“Great, then let’s go!!” she says pulling me out of the room.

And of course you could definitely understand why I couldn’t stop thinking about Sasuke Uchiha.