Chapter Four

"Sayuri!!" I look away from my book and look at TenTen.

"What, TenTen?" I ask, going back to my book.

"Stop reading for a minute and come here" she says glaring at me before going back to stare out the window.

I sigh and walk over to her, still holding my book. I look out the window to where she's pointing; there I see Sakura and her parents.

"What are they doing here?" I ask, unable to hide my shock.

The rich people never come to this side of town; the only time they would, is when they go to Pink Lily Café, my job. Other than that, they never come here, certainly not to go to a poor orphanage.

"Maybe they're there to adopt" says TenTen, before we both got caught up in laughter.

After our little laughing fit, we both watched as Sakura and her parents enter the orphanage, after that we couldn't see a thing.

Too bad.

"Do you think she knows?" TenTen asks quietly.

"How could she?" I ask back, just as quiet, before putting back my book, I don't feel like reading anymore.

"I don't know" she says looking away from the window just as my phone rings.

I look at the caller ID; it's the orphanage.

"Hello?" I say into the phone.

"Sayuri dear, there's this family I want you to meet!" she sounded so excited, the orphanage owner, Maia.

I look at TenTen, "...do they have a daughter?" I ask Maia.

"Yes, they do!" she was still excited.

"Alright, I'll be there in a sec." I say and hang up. "They are there to adopt!" I say running a hand through my hair.

"They are?!" I nod frantically. "What are you gonna do?" she asks exiting my room with me.

"I'm just gonna go over there" I say sighing.

"Good luck" she says and gives me a quick hug before we walk out of the apartment building together.

She drives away, waving and motioning for me to call her.

I take a deep breath and walk next door to the orphanage.

As I enter I was automatically taken to Sakura and her family, without as much as a warning.

"Sayuri?!" I look at Sakura, who looks genuinely surprised to see me.

"Yes, Sakura?" I ask and sit in a chair, facing them.

"You know each other?" Said a woman, who I'm guessing is Sakura's mom.

"Yes mom, she goes to my school" says Sakura.

Maia was grinning from ear to ear.

"How nice" she says smiling at me.

So we went on with the interview; they asked if I would like to be part of their family, I said I'd think about it. Maia glared at me then. I rolled my eyes and ignored her.

I managed to get out of there, claiming I had to go to work; well it wasn't a complete lie. I did have to go to work, but not at that particular time.

So I went home and called TenTen.

"No way! They wanted to adopt you?!" TenTen could be really dramatic when she wanted to be.

"Yea, Sakura was like 'no way! You're an orphan?!'" I laughed with TenTen.

"I wish I could've been there" she says.

"Yea, maybe then it wouldn't have been so awkward; they were treating me like I was five" I said making myself some ramen before I had to work.

"Really?! Ugh, I would hate that" she said; I could picture her face, frowning and looking disgusted.

"I know you would" I said serving my ramen into a bowl.

I quickly ate and said goodbye to TenTen, before I rode my skate board to work.

It wasn't as busy today, I might actually get a break.

Again I watch as Sasuke enters and gets seated by one of our boy crazy waitresses. I laugh to myself at his annoyed face as I take a customer's order and take it to the cook.

Sigh.

I look back over there to find him looking at me, what is with him?

My eyes shifted to a customer who needs assistance. I sigh again and skate past Sasuke to attend to the customer.

"Hi, I'm Sayuri, are you ready to order?" I ask in an all too cheery voice.

They tell me their long order and I take it to the cook.

"Sayuri, I'm going on break, k?" I raise an eyebrow at her, she never goes on break if she has a hott customer.

But nevertheless, I nod and take Sasuke's food to him. He just stares, not even saying a simple thank you.

So rude.

~*~

The next day I was practically ambushed by Maia, she really wants me adopted, but I don't want to be adopted, I just want to wait till I'm eighteen and can officially be on my own.

I was told to do another interview with the Harunos'.

"Sayuri, you have a cell?" I raised my eyebrow at Sakura's random question.

"No" I said shaking my head.

"How can you be a teen if you don't have a cell?!" she exclaims, staring at me incredulously.

"Because I can't afford one, I'm already working my butt off trying to pay rent" I say shrugging.

Of course that was a lie, and Maia was looking at me weirdly, trying to figure out what I was up to. I had gotten a cell from TenTen for my birthday, when she was mad at me for not having one.

"You live alone?" Sakura's mother asks, looking surprised.

"Yes" I answer.

"But you're only sixteen" she says looking from me to Maia.

Ah, so they do know my age.

"I know" I said vaguely.

"So Sayuri, how would you like to be my sister" says Sakura throwing her arm over my shoulder.

I just shrug, "I don't know... alright" I say shrugging and Sakura squeals, hugging me.

Maia brings out the forms and they sign it; Sakura kept hugging me all day, so much that I was more than happy to go home, but then I remembered I had to pack, and I had to call TenTen to inform her or she would be real mad at me.

Sigh.

And I have school tomorrow.

I sigh again; TenTen will just have to wait till tomorrow to get the news.