Chapter Forty-One

Oh my God, he’s going to kiss me!!!

He leans in, closer and closer as my heart beats faster and faster. That sounded really lame, but whatever, it’s a big time for me; my first real kiss; emphasis on the ‘real’. That’s funny though, he stole my first kiss.

-Gasp- maybe he’s trying to make up for it!!

While I was busy hyperventilating in my mind, I don’t hear the bushes rustling behind me. It isn’t until Sasuke looks that I see the pink hair I’ve come to know so well; Sakura!

“You have to leave!” I whisper, still vaguely aware of my all too red face. He barely has time to react before I push him into a bush behind him. I walk up to the bush, and glare at him despite the fact that he looked utterly hilarious. That was probably the most surprised I’ve even seen him. “Stay!!” I whisper before Sakura steps out smiling.

When she sees me, she frowns, making me think she found out about Sasuke. “Are you sure you’re not sick, your face is really red” she says looking concerned.

I open my mouth to say something but instead I hear a snicker from the bush behind me, where Sasuke is supposed to be. I sigh smiling with much difficulty; “I’m fine Sakura, really”

“I don’t believe you” She says placing a hand on my forehead. “You’re really warm”

I grin, still pretty mad about Sasuke laughing at me, while the bush rustles again. She pauses and looks behind me to the bush.

Finally she sighs when the bush wouldn’t move again; “Anyway, I think you should go home”

“No!” I reply a bit too fast, startling her. The bush rustles again and I hear a faint snicker.

Jerk, laughing at me!!

“Look, Sakura, I’m completely fine, I really don’t think I should go home” I say smiling.

She looks at me curiously; “That’s funny because you didn’t even want to come”

“Uh, yeah, I guess I just didn’t realize it would be this fun” I say shrugging as the bush snickered again.

“But, it’s not all that fun” she says looking confused.

“It is fun, I loved watching the fireworks” I say smiling up at the sky. When I look back at her, she’s smiling.

“Alright, fine, you can stay, but you have to tell me what’s behind that bush” she says pointing to the bush that’s Sasuke’s in.

“Oh, uh, that’s a, uh, bunny” I say, uttering the first thing that came to mind.

“Really?!” she asks, looking really excited.

The bush rustles again and she squeals; “Uh, yeah, but it’s probably gone now because you’re soo loud” I say looking away. You know, it is such a good thing I’m a good liar.

“Aw, I’m going to see if I can catch it!” she says running off behind the big tree. I just stay frozen in place while Sasuke sticks his head out of the bush and raises an eyebrow.

I quickly walk over to him; “Stay!!” I whisper pushing his head back down right when Sakura shows up around the corner. I quickly block Sasuke from her view and grin.

She frowns; “I couldn’t find it” That’s because there is no bunny!!

“I told you, it ran away” I say smiling sympathetically. “But anyway, isn’t there someone else you should be looking for??”