Chapter Twenty-One

I’m not exactly sure why I’m so mad, I just know I’m mad. So right now, I’m walking aimlessly through the amusement park, while munching on the remaining candy that he bought. I have no idea where he is right now, and I really couldn’t care less. I spot a booth that was advertising a huge white teddy bear dressed as Santa Claus holding a present with the words ‘Merry Christmas’ on it. Next to it was another teddy bear dressed as an angel, and next to that one was a smaller teddy bear dressed as an elf. I grin and head for the booth. Hopefully, I can get Santa Claus.

Apparently the booth was one of those games where you had to throw a dart at a certain color balloon, and if you miss three times, you lose. Let’s just say, I am terrible when it comes to aim. But surprisingly, I was able to get one.

With that, I managed to get a stuffed mistletoe thing. I frowned and went to out at one of the many tables in front of the snack booth.

“What’s wrong?” I practically fell off my chair, before I realized it was Sasuke.

“Seriously, stop doing that!!’ I exclaim, glaring at him.

He smirks, “your fault for being easily surprised” he said shrugging like it was no big deal that he just insulted me!!

Ok, so he didn’t really insult me, but it felt like it. “Shut up Sasuke, you’re the one always sneaking up on me!”

“Technically, I can’t shut up” he states, ‘technically’ annoying me.

“And technically, you can leave me alone” I huff, turning back to my stuffed mistletoe.

He chuckles, “What exactly is that?” he asks, looking curiously at my stuffed mistletoe.

“Can’t you see it’s a stuffed mistletoe” I say with an obvious tone, holding out the stuffed mistletoe. “Oh, and give me my lollipop” I say taking the huge swirly lollipop from him.

I removed the wrapper and immediately began feverishly biting the huge swirly lollipop. I’m not sure why I do that, I guess it just a habit.

I notice Sasuke watching me and immediately stop munching on the lollipop. “What?” I ask, my voice muffled by the lollipop.

“Nothing, you’re amusing” he says smirking. I swear his face is gonna get stuck like that, and when it does I will laugh.

Meanwhile, I just now noticed that he said I’m amusing. “What the hell is that supposed to mean?” I ask squeezing my stuffed mistletoe to death. Can it even die, I doubt it. I need to start thinking before I think something. Wait, what?!

“Nothing” he says, standing up from the chair he was seated in.

“I’m watching you” I say, going back to biting my lollipop. He raises an eyebrow.

I ignore the eyebrow and stare at the stuffed mistletoe, still wishing I could’ve gotten Santa Claus. I sigh, “I still want Santa Claus” I mutter, throwing the mistletoe at Sasuke.

He catches it, startled; “You still believe in Santa Claus?”

I look at him weirdly, “of course not, there was a teddy bear dressed as Santa Claus, over there” I point at the booth with Santa Claus, “I wasn’t able to get it though, instead I got that thing” I say pointing at the mistletoe with distaste.

Why did I even tell him that? Whatever, it’s not like he’s actually going to do something about it. Besides, why would he even care anyway? He’s Sasuke Uchiha, Mr. Emo with hair like a ducks butt, who happens to like smirking.

I look back up only to find that Mr. Emo duck butt’s not there anymore. Well, that’s just great; he bailed on me with my mistletoe too!!

I bite off a piece of my lollipop, planning to spit it at him if he ever comes back. All of a sudden, I feel something furry on my cheek; I quickly turn around to see a huge almost life-sized white teddy bear right next to me. Next to it, I see none other than Sasuke Uchiha, and he is smirking. Like that’s a surprise. -_-

Still though, I can’t believe he actually went to get me a teddy bear. Seriously, he can be so weird.

“You said you wanted it” he says, looking away. I can’t imagine why. Hmmm, maybe he has something to hide… That would be fun, or…maybe not.

Suddenly I feel kinda bad for wanting to spit my candy at him.. He actually went all the way there, and won a game for me so I could get a teddy bear. I hate to admit it, but it’s kinda sweet. And that’s when I notice that this teddy bear is not Santa Claus. Late I know, I’m awesome like that. :P

“But, I wanted Santa Claus” I whine, pouting up at him.

-_- “They didn’t have Santa Claus”

“Oh, well then, thank you” I say sheepishly. You know I really shouldn’t be whining, I probably should just be glad he actually went to get me one in the first place. But then again, that’s not my personality so, oh well. I’m more of a whiner, I can’t seem to accept things for what they are, I guess, I’m not really sure how to explain it…

Anyway! I finally noticed how late it had gotten. So I sighed and got up, along with the huge stuffed teddy bear, which was pretty heavy by the way. Either that or I’m just weak, eh, whatever, I like to think it’s heavy anyway.

I looked around, taking in the surroundings for future references. What future references? I have no idea. But either way; I smiled, knowing I’ll always remember this day. At least, I hope I will.

I let out a long yawn, before looking at Sasuke who had an eyebrow raised. “What?” I ask, crossing my arms over my chest, which was pretty hard seeing as I was still carrying the teddy bear.

He just smirked and ‘hn’ed while walking away. I huffed and followed, noticing how weird his hair looked from the back. It’s weird; I never noticed it before…

This went on for the whole walk to Sakura’s house. Wait, why do I still call it that? It should be home, right?

I walked to the door along with Sasuke before turning around to meet him. “Thanks for walking with me” I say, making sure to smile nice and wide. :)

“Hn” he grunts, stuffing his hands in his pockets, which I just now realized he had. Weird

“Anyway, I had fun” I say, still smiling. I should get paid for this.

He smirks now, for what reason? I have no idea. I roll my eyes at him before thinking of something; “Sasuke, was this…like, a date?”

He looks somewhat surprised by the sudden question. “You don’t have to answer” I say quickly. “I just wanted to say that, uh, we should do this again sometime” I say, smiling even though this is a really awkward moment.

He just grunts and looks away, stuffing his hands deeper in his pockets. Is that I blush I see??

“Anyway, thanks again” I say, walking the few steps to him. I quickly lean up and peck his cheek. I swear, his head turned around so fast, I didn’t even have time to be surprised. Oh yea, it is definitely a blush I see.

Laughing to myself, I quickly opened the door and entered, leaving a crack for me to look through; “See you tomorrow, Sasuke-kun