Chapter Eight

“Mou, Sayuri, wake up already!” said Sakura, ruthlessly shaking me awake. Though, I can’t really say that; I was already awake, just wanted to see how long she could last before she decides to leave me alone.

“Alright, alright, I’m awake” I say, trying to talk clearly, seeing as she was shaking me to death.

“Oh, great!” she scowls, “I’ve been trying to wake you for the past half an hour!!”

I blink; has it really been that long? “My bad, I didn’t know”

She glares at me, before sighing, “whatever, I need a favor”

Sigh. “Do you only come to me when you need something?” I ask -_-

“No, I come to you for other things too” she says quickly, a little too quickly.

I rolled my eyes, “never mind that; what do you want?”

“Can you please, please, please come to morning practice??” her eyes were wide with hope. I was never good at saying no…

I sighed dramatically, basically hinting that I was saying yes. She squealed and hugged me, tight enough to choke a bear.

“Wait, I’ll do it, but this is the only time” I say holding up one finger to prove my point.

She nods quickly, grinning from ear to ear. “Thank you thank you thank you!” she hugs me again. “Oh and by the way, you have half an hour”

She giggles before skipping out of my room. I just sigh, knowing that I’d have to see Sasuke if I went, but I agreed anyway.

I banged my head on the closest wall, as if that would ‘teach me a lesson’, but I know one thing, I am an idiot.

~*~

And so, here I am; morning cheerleading practice. Of course I arrived late, due to the fact that I only had half an hour, and I usually take forever to get out of bed, it’s only expected I would arrive late.

But, apparently, they’re just surprised I came in the first place. And again Kiba tripped over a ball in the middle of a drill, causing me to laugh, and again, Sakura thought I was ‘checking out’ the boys.

I just sighed and quickly began drills, the quicker we start, the quicker we finish.

So they started the routine perfectly, up until someone in the back tripped. Instantly, they all fell over one another like a line of dominos.

The only two that were left standing were me and Sakura, and only because we weren’t cheering along with them. The others were just a tangled mess.

I sighed, shaking my head at their stupid mistake. “You do know you look stupid right?” said Sakura with a raised eyebrow.

I nodded, crossing my arms over my chest, “everyone, take a break” I started, smiling sweetly. They smiled and started getting up, one by one. “Great! Now that you're all up, 4 laps around the field”

They just gaped at me, not moving an inch. “Oi, you heard her, 4 laps!!” screamed Anko-sensei, causing them to finally come back to reality and start their laps.

I just laughed silently, and sat in my usual chair, finally able to get a break. And for my break, I decided to watch the guys play soccer.

I watched Kiba almost trip on the ball again while he was trying to make a goal. I laughed softly, keeping my eyes on the ball, which was moving quite slowly towards Neji, the goalie. He caught it easily, before kicking back onto the field. Sasuke got it this time, running away from Neji and closer to Shikamaru, who was the other goalie. Sadly, though I don’t know how, Shikamaru caught the ball. I was much too surprised to gasp in shock.

Unlike in class, Shikamaru looked very… how do I put this? ... Ah, he looked very alert. Calm, but alert. It was weird, really, seeing him concentrate like that; he never showed that in class. Though I don’t really expect him to; his classes are pretty boring. And I would know, seeing as I have most of my classes with him. Okay, so maybe not most, but still, some.

I was brought back by a bunch of cheers, both from the cheerleaders and soccer players. It seems someone scored a goal, but who?

I ended up meeting the eyes of none other than, Sasuke Uchiha.

~*~

How freaking nice. I mean really, those girls are soo getting it. I huffed, carrying the somewhat heavy chair back to the storage room with all the equipments and such. Unfortunately for me, Sasuke was stuck on clean up duty too. So until I clean up, I’m stuck with him.

“Sayuri” of course, it was him.

I turned around, after placing the chair in the storage safely. “Sasuke” I nodded his way and walked by him.

He grabbed my arm before I could get away safely, “I have to get to class” I say, trying to free myself from his death grip. I’m still mad at him for stealing my first kiss.

He raises an eyebrow, “Aren’t you always late to class? One more day won’t hurt” he says with a small smirk.

“W-well, I wanted to be early today, and besides, I’m not always late” I say, avoiding his eyes, and still trying, and failing, to get out of his grip.

His smirks widens, “Really?” he doesn’t sound convinced; I nod anyway. “Alright, then I guess I won’t stop you”

He still doesn’t let go of my arm, instead he walks closer and closer to me, until he was a mere inch away. I tried taking a step back, but that only ended in my back hitting the wall of the storage.

“What’s wrong?” he asked, whispering and purposely letting his warm breath hit my lips. I involuntarily shuddered, making him smirk.

He moved closer to me, but my body wouldn’t move! His eyes were locked on mine… his eyes are really deep. Like really deep, almost like there’s something hidden..

“Sayuri?!” screamed the familiar voice of Sakura. I don’t know why, but I was kind of mad to hear her, yet I was relieved. It’s weird, I know. But I couldn’t help it, I want to see what Sasuke’s hiding, yet I don’t want to be anywhere near him. I don’t know what’s going on, but I don’t like it.