Chapter Seventeen

“Sayuri wake up, we have practice” it is way too early for this.

“Go away” I mutter, stuffing my face in my pillow.

“Come on Sayuri, you promised you would teach us stunts today” she whined, pulling the covers away from me.

“I don’t wanna” I groan, pulling the covers back after much struggle.

She groans, “Fine, then you’re off the team”

“Thank you” I say, relieved of the fact that now I could go back to sleep, but then again, it probably won’t end like that.

“Ugh, Sayuri, just get up already, you're already down to half an hour” she says pulling the covers off me again.

“Why, it’s snowing” I whine, struggling to keep the covers on.

“No it’s not” she retorts finally able to get the covers off. I groaned and sat up, causing her to laugh for some reason. “Your hair is a mess!” she giggles as I glare at her. She hides behind my door, dodging one of the throw pillows I just threw at her. “Don’t forget, you have half an hour, maybe less” she giggles girlishly running out of the room.

“Ugh” I groaned and hopped back into bed, but unexpectedly, immediately I got under the covers, I was washed completely with some sort of frozen liquid. Most likely water, but you never know.

I immediately jumped out of bed, soaked through my thick PJs. I have a feeling this will not be a good day.

I hate Mondays.

~*~

I can’t believe how right I was. As of right now, I really wish I could’ve just gone back to bed, but no, Sakura just had to dump ice cold water on me, how nice Sakura!!

And so I managed to get to practice, but by the time I got there, practice was already half way through. So I led them sluggishly through the rest of practice; that woke me up about half way. Though what woke me up fully was what happened during clean up, which they left to me since I arrived late.

Shikamaru was on clean up duty today, so I was stuck with Shikamaru until I was done, and since we did ‘stunts’ today, there was a lot to clean up.

I watched Shikamaru pick up the soccer balls that were all around the field, while making sure not to forget anything. We met up in the storage while we put things away; meanwhile I happened to notice Shikamaru did not look happy to be here. But then again, where is he happy to be anyway?

“Soo troublesome” He mutters, storing the soccer balls in the storage closet. For once, I actually agree with him.

He sighs, “Sayuri” I look up, not expecting to see him look so; how do I put this? Uh, let’s just say, he looked like he knew something. But then again, he is a genius, right?

“What’s up with you and Sasuke?” I froze in the middle of putting up the mats we used to practice.

“W-what makes you think there’s something going on??” I asked nervously, you know, this is a real disgrace, seeing as I said I was good at lying. Or maybe that was a lie.. o.O

“This is troublesome” he mutters, “forget about it” he walks out of the storage with his hands in his pockets. Ok, now that was weird..

I quickly put up the last mat and headed for the door, knowing full well that I don’t feel like going to economics. Though, as I stepped out, I walked into someone, but what’s worse was that person just happened to be Sasuke. :(

He sighed and handed me a small green piece of paper. “The office wants to see you” he muttered before leaving.

Jeez, what’s with him?

I walked all the way to the office, wondering why in the world they would call me there. I don’t think I’m in trouble..

So anyway, I had to wait in a chair in the office for like the whole of first period before Tsunade-sama would finally call me into her office.

“Uh, you called?” I ask, annoyed that I had to wait that long for something that probably isn’t even important.

“Ah, Sayuri, I just received a call from the orphanage” she says, giving me a sorry look. What the hell is going on?!

“Um, okay?” I am soo confused.

“They received a call about a few days ago, they wanted to tell you, but they weren’t completely sure” I raised an eyebrow. Seriously, what is she talking about??

She sighed, “last week, there was word that a private plane crashed into the ocean during the early snow storm”

“Okay? What does that have to do with me?” I ask thoroughly confused and slightly curious.

“Your biological mother was in that plane” hold on! Let me process this real quick. “There were no survivors” So much for not important