Chapter Fifty-Five

You know that weird feeling you get when someone’s staring at but you’re not supposed to know? That how I felt as I walked through the extra-large double doors. Usually, though, when you have that feeling, you at least know who’s staring at you, but at that moment, I had no idea who could’ve been staring at me. The amount of people in the room seemed uncountable, at least in my eyes. 

As far as I was concerned, any one of those people could’ve been staring at me, and I would probably never know who it was. It didn’t really matter, though; my depression over Sasuke was stronger than figuring out who was staring at me.

I was about to give in to my depression when I heard the all too familiar voice of my much too annoying best friend Naruto. “Sayu-chan!!” I forced a grin as he ran to my grinning.

As always, he practically tackled me in his usual bear hug. On normal circumstances, I would’ve been happy to see him, but as I stared at him in his tux and orange tie, all I could think about was how Sasuke would look in a tux.

After he let go, I could see his eyes grow wide; “You look real pretty, Sayu-chan!” I couldn’t help but smile at his wide grin. Still, deep down, I just wanted Sasuke to say that to me. Yeah, I know I sound like a real love-struck bunny, but guess what; I don’t care. :)

I roll my eyes at his statement, even though I’m like five minutes late; “You’ve already seen me in this dress, Nori.” As I mention that, he suddenly seems to realize that he had been there when I bought the dress.

As he looks me over again, the realization showed clearly on his face. “Oh yea, you looked pretty then too” he grins again before being distracted by Sakura. I roll my eyes and walk over to one of the many circular tables around the dance floor.

Right as I sit down, the voice of my best friend rings through the crowd. She walks up to me with Neji linked to her arm. Just seeing them like that reminded me of Sasuke, which I absolutely didn’t want at all.

“What wrong, Ri??” she raises an eyebrow in my direction as she walks closer.

I try my best to look confused, I don’t think it worked though; “What do you mean? I’m fine.”

She rolls her eyes; “girl, you are nowhere near fine. Have you forgotten? I can read you like a book, even though I don’t like them much…”

A small smile makes its way onto my face; “thanks for your concern TT, but I’m fine, honest”

She sighs; “fine, I’ll believe you, for now.” She looks around before stopping her gaze on the snack and refreshments table. “You know what? Just so you won’t waste your night sitting here, go get me a drink.” She smirks down at me and Neji looks at her curiously.

Sighing, I stand up slowly; “fine” I walk over to the table while trying really hard not to trip in these uncomfortable heels. It worked, for the most part.

When I got there, there were many drinks to choose from, but knowing TenTen’s taste, I easily knew what to pick. As I left to give the drink to TenTen, a voice stops me from proceeding. A voice I honestly never thought I’d hear, at least not here.

-*Sasuke*-

On normal circumstances, I would never freeze over a girl, but there was just something about Sayuri that never ceases to amaze me.

I could only watch, completely captivated, as she walked with the rest of the cheerleaders to one of the many tables that were set up around the dance floor.

As I looked at her face that was clear of any trace of a smile, all I wanted to do was hold her, or at least make her smile just to see her bright blue eyes shine in that special way that fascinates me.