Chapter Twenty-Five

Ugh, he is soo annoying; asking for a kiss, who the hell does he think he is?!

I huff and proceed to getting ready for school, when I hear a knock on my door. Without even waiting for me to answer, Sakura comes in looking excited.

I sigh; “what Sakura?” I ask, crossing my arms over my chest.

“Aren't you forgetting something??” she asks, still grinning like an idiot.

“I don’t think so” I say, shrugging.

“Winter cheerleading tryouts!!!!” she exclaimed, looking really excited, no wait, that’s a major understatement.

I simply raise an eyebrow; “that’s nice” I murmur, wondering if Sasuke got home alright. I did sort of push him out the window…

I pick out my outfit, still thinking about Sasuke for some weird unknown reason, and maybe, he did actually want a kiss… nah, that’s not even slightly possible!

“Sayuri, are you listening?” asks Sakura, looking at me weirdly.

I sigh; “does it look like I’m listening?!” I ask, “Now, if you would please leave…” I say, pushing her out of my room. Sigh.

“But Sayuri, it’s important!!” she exclaims, pushing the door open again. She stumbles inside, glaring at me.

I just sigh and look away; “So, what is it?”

“Lip Sync!!” she exclaims, now grinning.

“What’s that?” I ask sitting on my bed.

She gasps dramatically; “How could you not know such an important thing?!”

“I don’t know, no one ever told me” I say shrugging.

She sighs; “fine, then I’ll explain” and here she goes, sigh.

~*~

Oh my god, Sakura can talk forever!!!!!! She just would not shut up!! Well, now at least I didn’t have to go to practice, which means I didn’t have to see Sasuke!!!

I probably shouldn’t have said that. And I was right. SIGH!!!

Oh wait, that’s not Sasuke!! It’s Kiba, and frankly I don’t know whether or not I should be happy. I have no idea why, but I’m confused.

“Hey, Sayuri!” he grins. Aww, it’s all lopsided! “Are we still on for tutoring?” he asks looking hopeful. Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that.

“Uh, yeah, totally” I say, waving him off.

“Great, uh, I’ll meet you after school?”

“Yeah” I say nodding; “Bye bye”

He runs back to his little group of friends; oh and just happen to notice that Sasuke’s there, and he’s staring at me. Seriously, he has definitely has a staring problem. I’d bet on it.

“Sayu-chan!!!” oh dear; it’s Naruto. And again, I don’t know whether or not I should be happy. And again, I have no idea why.

“Nori, I haven’t seen you around much, what happened?” I ask, hugging him.

“Nothing” he says, grinning sheepishly. “Anyway, I have news!!!”

“News?” I ask, looking back at Sasuke, who was now glaring and pretty hard too.

“I’m going to try out for Soccer!!” he says; “I’ve been practicing real hard, and I think I can make it!”

“I’m sure you’ll make it!” I say smiling.

“You think so?” he asks looking hopeful.

“Of course, you just said so yourself; didn’t you? You said you practiced a bunch, I’m sure you’ll make it”

He grins, and then hugs me. And not his usual choking hugs, but kinda soft-ish, if you know what I mean. It wasn’t like a friend hug, but more like a boyfriend hug… oh, why do I have a feeling that this will not end well???

-*Sasuke*-

When she didn’t show up for cheerleading practice, I didn’t know what to think. I guess you could say I wanted to thank her, or something like that. And I still have her vanilla smelling robe. I should probably give that back. Come to think of it, Sakura didn’t come either, not like I care.

Anyway, I was put on cleanup duty; I guess maybe because I couldn’t focus for the whole of practice and kept scoring on my own team. Usually I’d be stuck on cleanup duty with Sayuri, but instead I was with…Ino. I left as fast as I could.

Sighing, I enter the main building to find Sayuri and Kiba talking… and smiling. Kiba soon runs back, grinning like he just got a date. And that’s when it hits me; Sayuri and Kiba are… I don’t even want to say it. And just as I’m about to ask Kiba what the hell that was, I hear the all too familiar annoying voice of Naruto; “Sayu-chan!!!”

I look over tothem and, they’re hugging. I can’t help glaring at the ‘couple’

“I have news!!!” says the dobe. She looks curious, then looks at me. I try to stop glaring but to no avail. Oh well, he deserves it.

“I’m going to try out for soccer!!” he exclaims. Wait, what?!

He says something after that, but I really don’t care. Wait, what am I worried about? He’s not even good enough to pass conditioning.

“I’m sure you’ll make it!” she says, and she’s smiling. She never smiles at me like that…

Wait, what am I thinking?!?!

And next thing I know, they’re hugging again, and not like before. I can’t watch this…