Chapter Fifty-Nine

~*Sayuri*~

“Sayuri, is that really you?!” she asks with a wide grin on her beautiful face. “Oh, you look so different, I almost couldn’t recognize you!” she pulls me into a tight hug, almost like she thought I was going to vanish or something.

I’m much too busy trying not to freak out to notice her tight grip. When I react to her hug, she slowly lets go. “Do you not remember me?” she looked like she was going to cry or something, and for a quick moment, my mother’s face from 10years ago flashed before my eyes. The same face she had when she dropped me off at the orphanage.

I almost wanted to hug her, almost. But then I remember that she might be a fake, a skilled actor trained to deceive people; people like me. “What’re you doing here? You’re supposed to be dead.” I stare straight in her eyes as she stares back looking shocked, surprised and a bunch of other things.

“What are you talking about, I’m right here” she states, staring at me like I had grown a whole separate body or something like that. She tries to smile, but it soon fades, most likely due to the fact that my face probably showed something close to horror, after all, it was quite unreal, seeing my mother again I mean.

“No, they said you died in a plane crash heading over here. They even gave me your will!” my voice was getting louder and she looked all the more horrified hearing of her death.

“But that’s not possible, I didn’t take a plane to get here” her brows knitted in confusion. Suddenly, her eyes widened; “wait, who told you I was dead?”

I frowned; “the principal” I watched as she seemed to be calculating it in her head, just like she used to do 10years ago. It was weird, I still didn’t know if this was my mom or not, but if it wasn’t, then this person, whoever she is, is a great actor. She also must’ve stalked my mother or something.

“Did anyone ask you to confirm it?” she asks looking anxious for whatever reason.

“No, they said someone had already confirmed it” I state as a thought slams into my brain. There was only one other person they could’ve called to confirm my mother’s death. If I put that into consideration, this could really be my mother in front of me.

-*Sasuke*-

“You what?!” her eyes were wide while she scanned my face. I raised an eyebrow at her reaction, however late it was.

“I don’t like to repeat myself.”

She blinks several times before resuming the original conversation; “Alright fine. Explain exactly what happened after you danced with Sayuri” she once again scans my face, probably for any abnormal behavior, whatever that was.

I paused, “I kissed her.”

Her eyes widened again, but this time her jaw dropped. A smirk tried to pry its way out, but couldn’t quite make it.

She stares at me for a few minutes before sighing. “Okay, so you kissed her, what does that have to do with the rumors?”

This time I sighed, do I really have to do everything? “Sakura saw”

Apparently that was all she needed to put the pieces together. “What did she say about it? Sayuri I mean” she stares up at me, unmoving even as the bell sang its annoying song.

I sigh again, and turn to leave; “she hates me.” I hear a faint if not inaudible sigh before I leave.

~*Sayuri*~

“You are thinking what I’m thinking, right?” she glances at me, looking worried.

“I don’t know, even he’s not that crazy” I say, kind of unsure. I mean, yeah, he’s done some bad things before, but even he wasn’t crazy enough to do this. My father would never fake my mother’s death, he simply wasn’t crazy enough.