Chapter Thirty-Seven

After going to practically every store in the whole mall, we finally went to get something to eat. During our little break, all Sakura talked about was Sasuke and if he would like her present that she hadn’t even chosen yet. I just sighed countless times and was more than happy when TenTen showed up along with Naruto and Hinata.

TenTen, fortunately for me, grabbed my up from the chair, making a big show; “you don’t mind if we borrow her for a minute do you??” she smiles all too nicely.

Usually I’d be pissed that she was interrupting me from a perfectly good snack of cookies and ice cream, but today I was more than glad to cut a snack short, which doesn’t happen very much, if it ever happens at all.

I breathed out, relieved; “Thank you thank you!!! You saved me”

TenTen smirked, “great, now you have to go shopping with us”

I stared at her incredulously; you have got to be kidding me!! But unfortunately, she wasn’t kidding.

I sigh for the millionth time, more like billionth time; “fine, I guess I owe you”

She nods, smiling triumphantly. Naruto grins while Hinata looked apologetic.

We head off as a group before breaking up into twos; me with Naruto and TenTen with Hinata.

Frankly, I’m glad I’m with Naruto and not with TenTen. Basically because I know she would be all hyped up for nothing and force me to go to several stores that I definitely not want to go.

First, we went to this one store, it looked pretty cool, definitely not something Sakura would even dare to step into.

There, I found this pretty cool necklace that I wish I could’ve gotten, but unfortunately, I didn’t have enough money.

Naruto said he would help me buy it, but it seems he spent all his money on ramen, again.

Meanwhile the whole time, I could’ve sworn someone was watching me, but every time I turned around, there was no one.

So I ended up going home with nothing. Not really though, I mean, I did get Naruto, Hinata, and TenTen something. I even got Sakura and Ino something, but now I’m pretty much broke. There’s no way I’m going to be able to get that necklace, until I take extra hours at the Café, which I really don’t feel like doing.

I finally reenter my room after hours of shopping; it’s pretty much dark right now. It seems like Sasuke didn’t come back.

I pull out the wrapping paper; Might as well get started.

I sigh and get started with the wrapping. Meanwhile, I think of what I could give Sasuke for Christmas.

I look through all my stuff, trying to find something, let’s just say, I found nothing. Nothing but the pictures we took on our little faux date.

I decided to make a little picture frame and put the pictures inside. See, I’m artistic. He better not complain, I wasting all this time to make him a present!

After the glue and stuff dried from the picture frame, I wrapped it and placed a blue bow on top and stacked all the presents together and stuffed them in my closet.

Now that that’s done, I’m going to bed. Yawn

~*~

Oh no, it’s Christmas day.

5, 4, 3, 2, 1 and here she comes…

“Sayuri, it’s Christmas!!!!” screamed Sakura from the stairs. I just sigh and stuff myself in my many pillows.

Less than a minute later, Sakura barges into my room wearing a Ms. Santa Claus dress. She grins, noticing me staring at her outfit. “You like? Mom’s got one for you too” she says pulling out an identical red and white dress just to throw it at me.

“Hurry up a get dressed, we have presents!!!” she exclaims, saying the last part in a really annoying high-pitched voice.

I sigh and get up, deciding that it would be better than for her to come back and annoy me. And so, I started my morning routine and reluctantly put on the dress.

Taking longer than necessary to walk down the stairs, I finally made it to the larger than most Christmas tree in one of the many corners of the room.

“How come you look better in it than me??” asks Sakura as I step into the room.

I raise an eyebrow; “I don’t know” I sigh and just now notice that Sakura’s opened most of not all of the presents under the tree.

Wow, so much for we have presents. -_-

~*~

After practically a whole day of squealing over presents, TenTen, Hinata and Naruto came over and another round began;

“Well, open it” says TenTen, handing me medium sized wrapped box. Now I know I should’ve guessed what was in the box by the design on the wrapping paper, but seeing as I was soo not in to the mood, I didn’t, and boy did I regret it.

Inside the box was a bunch of sharp object I don’t even know how to describe. “Um, thanks?” I ask, eying the weapons like they would come alive to eat me.

She shoots me a straight face, “You’re welcome” she then sighs, shaking her head. I have no idea what that was supposed to mean, and I’m pretty sure I don’t want to know.

Hinata giggles and shows me her box of weapons. Well, at least it’s nice to know I’m not the only one.

TenTen rolls her eyes and starts naming the different weapons, even though I didn’t ask. “Anyway, this one is a kunai, and this is a shuriken, and these are senbon needles, they’re very accurate, but you have to throw them right. And these are some nun-chucks; they’re very useful… but make sure not to hit yourself with it. And these are…”

Let’s just say, she goes on for a while. The main reason I stopped was because I stopped listening to the names of weapons.

After cutting her off from her little lesson, I told Naruto to proceed with the presents.

Sigh, he gave me some chopsticks. You know the kind that goes in your hair. He tried, failed miserably, but still tried to help me put them in, but it did not go so well.

First, he got the bun wrong, so it ended up looking like a tangled mess. Then, he tried to put them in but stabbed me two times before I decided I would do it myself.

And so I went to the bathroom to untangle my hair and actually put it up right. TenTen helped me with the bun and Hinata put the chopsticks in the right way.

I think Hinata’s gift was the only sensible one. She got me a first aid kit, with fast acting remedies. It actually works, because she knows I’m pretty clumsy, so yea, I would need it. J

Finally, the day ended, well not necessarily. I’m just glad I didn’t work today; no doubt it would’ve not been a good day.

It’s still not a good day. -_-