Chapter Thirty-Eight

Obviously exhausted from the long day, I enter my room to go to bed when I notice a thin wrapped box on my bed. It looked almost badly wrapped, almost.

Curious, I decide to open the box. Surprisingly, inside was a thin necklace. It looked exactly like the one I wanted at the mall just a few days ago.

No, it is the same; it’s the exact same thing. I stare at the necklace for the next few seconds, only hearing small faint click. It wasn’t until I looked up and noticed Sasuke coming in through the window that I get the sense to hide the necklace, but of course I’m too late; he already noticed.

He stared curiously at my hands behind my back which were hiding the necklace from his view.

“Sasuke! What’re you doing here?” I ask nervously, hoping he’ll ignore the necklace.

He raises an eyebrow, but answers anyway; “My house is surrounded”

I gasp, “Surrounded?! By who??”

He sighs, “who do you think?”

“Right” I say looking away, not noticing him walking closer and closer to me. It wasn’t until I turned around that I noticed he was holding the wrapped box that the necklace came in. I watched a small folded sheet of paper fall from the box.

I reached for the folded paper but unfortunately I wasn’t fast enough and Sasuke got to it first. My eye twitched as he picked it up and unfolded it.

As he read, he seemed to be mad for some reason. No that would be a huge understatement, and if I didn’t know better, I would think he was beyond pissed.

“Uh, Sasuke?” I ask, looking at him curiously.

He sighs before looking at me; “you have a fan” he says smirking

I blink, not quite comprehending what was just said. “Wait, wait, wait!!” I exclaim, taking the paper from him. In doing that, I unintentionally show him the necklace I’ve been so expertly hiding from him.

“He gave that to you?” he asks, referring to the necklace in my hand.

Before I get to answer, he takes it from me and examines it. “Hey, give it back!!” I reach for the necklace but seeing as he has longer reach, he managed to keep it away from me.

Instead, I felt my back hit his chest as his arms brushed my shoulders and the cold metal hit my collar bone. My eyes widen and I turn around to find him staring at me. Just staring.

I’m not exactly sure what the look looked like. Wait, that makes no sense. Ugh, whatever. Anyway, you know how he always has that blank look that I just can’t manage to figure out, well, it’s that.

“What?” I ask giving him a weird look. Apparently, it happened to bring him back to reality, if he was gone in the first place, it’s hard to tell.

“It looks good on you” he says pulling another indescribable look. It almost looked like he was smiling, yet not quite. See, completely indescribable!

Hold on, is it just me, or did he just say that it looked ‘good’ on me?!?!

I blush and look away; “thanks, I guess”

Not too long after, I feel his hands on my shoulders. He’s touching me!!

He gently pushes me over to my mirror before letting me look at my reflection. His face stays by mine; “your face is red” he whispers, his breath hitting my neck. And indeed, my face is very red.

I squeal; yes, I squeal, and push him away before running into my closet. I slide down the closet door with my hand to my pounding heart. What the hell’s wrong with me?!