Chapter Fifty-One

He was still holding my hand and it didn’t feel like he would let go any time soon. Don’t get me wrong, I wasn’t complaining, in fact it was just the opposite, you see, his hand is warm. Now that I saw that he did get my chocolates and that they were in fact opened, it reassured me that I had nothing to worry about, even if Sasuke had a new found “love”. That didn’t mean it didn’t hurt for me to think that though, ‘cause it most certainly did, and it hurt a lot. More than I would’ve liked it to anyway.

As I looked around the room some more, I noticed a corner of the room was completely covered in pink. My jaw dropped as I finally realized what it was; tons of wrapped boxes that most likely contained Valentine’s Day chocolate.

I know he has fangirls and all, but that is just too much chocolate. Yes I love chocolate, it’s my favorite food, but even I don’t think I’d be able to eat all that chocolate. Doesn’t mean I won’t try though.

“Ne Sasuke, you don’t mind if I eat those, do you??” I grin while keeping my eyes glued to the infinite pinkness of his corner. I knew he was giving me a weird look, but I really couldn’t care less.

Before he could answer, I pull him along with me to the many boxes of chocolates. As we grew closer and closer to the boxes, a new sound reaches my ears; screaming.

Ignoring the screaming, I grabbed a random box from the box and opened it with much difficulty; it was taped so much, it was practically laminated! When I finally got it open, I greatly regretted it. What was inside looked nothing like chocolate; it looks more like something I really don’t want to name right now.

I placed the box on the ground and grabbed another, hoping that it was at least a little bit better than the last. It wasn’t.

The next few boxes weren’t much better. Surprisingly, after much searching, I finally found a box worth commenting on. For once, the chocolate actually looked edible. It was shaped it a heart and had the kanji for love engraved on it in what I assumed was white chocolate. Looking at the tag I sighed; Sakura.

Then again, I should’ve probably looked at her finished work when she asked me to. When I showed it to Sasuke, he simply shrugged as I took a bite. Yup, it certainly was edible. As I got to the white chocolate part, I couldn’t help but wonder what Sasuke was planning to do with the chocolate.

“Ne, Sasuke, what were you planning to do with the chocolate; I mean, I know you weren’t going to eat it…were you??” I take another bite of the heart shaped chocolate knowing that Sakura would kill me if she found out I was the one eating it instead of Sasuke.

He just raised an eyebrow, and immediately I knew; he was planning to throw them away. I just rolled my eyes and walked over to where he was sitting, and sat across from him mainly to examine his face. What, he was handsome wasn’t he?

“Why’re you staring at me??” he gives me a curiously amused look, which utterly surprised me since for once I could actually read his expression.

Instead of admitting to staring at him like an idiot, I instead snorted like a very hideous pig before clearing my throat quite loudly and exaggeratedly; “I-I wasn’t staring at you!! Who would want to stare at you??!” it wasn’t until after I said that I realized that what I said sounded even more idiotic than what I called idiotic. He was also smirking at me.

After about six seconds, I started to feel the silence munching on my sanity. It was infuriating how he could just not do anything for a whole six seconds and it was completely uncomfortable. Two more seconds passed and I was starting to regret coming.

Completely on accident I blurted; “Fine, I was staring at you!! Jeez, are you happy now??!”

He just smirked; “eight seconds, you are really a terrible liar Sayu”