Chapter Twenty-Nine

Sighing, I walk through the somewhat empty hallways to the library. I wonder if she’ll let me in…

I sigh again and stare at the big ‘closed’ sign on the door of the library, just then I remember that they had a battle of the books competition today. I end up sighing yet again before noticing a figure walking closer and closer to me.

I resort to backing away slowing seeing as the figure, shadow person didn’t seem to notice me. Shadow person seems to be looking for something, or maybe someone? Hmm, I wonder…

Finally, it, uh, I guess I should say s/he finally noticed me. Is it just me, or is s/he walking faster?!?!

Wait, that’s not right; I’m talking to myself, so of course it’s just me!! Duh, stupid Sayuri!

I rolled my eyes at myself for my pure stupidity and stared at the figure person still coming closer. Well, damn, how slow can you walk?!

As the figure person got closer I realized too late that it had been Sasuke. And now, he’s too close for me to run away. Should I try anyway? Hmm, I wonder if he’ll stop me…

I back away faster, hoping he wouldn’t notice. My hopes didn’t exactly change anything because I could’ve sworn I saw him raise an eyebrow. Damn you, stupid attentive Sasuke!!!

“Why didn’t you agree to do Lip-sync with the cheerleaders??” he asks, looking mildly curious.

I stare at him for a minute, contemplating whether or not to tell him. At last, I sigh; “Because…” I pause, trying to figure out how to word what I’m about to say. He waits patiently.

“Because they always rely on me for everything; do you know how much pressure I feel?!” I huff, frustrated, yet happy that I could finally get it out. “There’s so much damn pressure, and if you haven’t noticed; I don’t like pressure!!” I exclaim.

He waits a few seconds while I fume. “Are you done??”

=_= what the hell?!

“Yes, I am done” I say glaring at him. He looks at me curiously before smirking. I swear his face is gonna get stuck like that, and I’m gonna laugh!!

“It is true that they rely on you, but I think it’s because you spoil them” he says; his smirk now gone.

“Wait, you’re saying I spoil them??” I ask, walking closer to him.

He just stares, regaining his smirk. “You cut their practices to half of what it should be; if they need anything, you always give it to them; and you even clean up after them everyday” he says sighing.

I never thought of it like that. I just stay quiet, refusing to look at him. And even though I can’t see him, I know he’s smirking… or, maybe not.

“Seriously, Sayuri; you have to tell them ‘no’ sometimes” he says, and for some reason, his eyes looked soft, almost as if he felt sorry for me.

I huffed; “I have said no to them!”

He raises an eyebrow; “really, when?”

I pause for a minute, well, more like 30 seconds, but it felt more like a minute. “I said no to them when they were bugging me to be a cheerleader”

-_- “And what are you now??”

I look down, murmuring; “A cheerleader”

He sighs; “They’re going to use you”

I look up; startled. “No they’re not. You don’t know them, they’re nicer than you think!” I exclaim. I don’t even know why I’m defending them!!

He looked somewhat surprised at my outburst, before sighing.

“But still, I said no to them so why are you telling me to tell them no?” I ask, confused.

“Because you were planning to see what they would do about it weren’t you?” he asks knowingly.

“How do you know that?” I ask skeptically.

He ignores my question, probably blaming it on the late bell that just rang. “You need to get to class”

I scoff and roll my eyes; “so do you”

He smirks and holds up a pass; “You're not late if you have a pass”

~*~

I can’t believe he made me go to class all by myself!!

He ended up coming a few minutes after me. I don’t know what he was doing or where he went, that is if he went somewhere, all I know is that he walked in smirking.

And apparently we have a new student. Her name is Kaori; she has long blond hair and really bright blue eyes, lighter than mine. She’s very skinny, and seems like she doesn’t eat. She has pearly white straight teeth and smiles a lot; she’s fairly tall (much taller than meL) and practically every guy in the class is swooning, but her attention is on Sasuke only.

Why am I not surprised?

I sigh, shaking my head seeing as Sasuke doesn’t even seem to notice this new girl. Poor girl

After the introductions, she went to sit at an empty seat on the other side of the room, and lucky for her, she’s directly facing Sasuke and I.

It looked almost as if she was glaring at me, but then again, I’m not so sure. I shrug it off and continue the project we were assigned for the past week.

I look at Sasuke to ask what to do about the project, but apparently he’s too busy staring at the new girl to notice me.

So much for ‘he didn’t notice’ -_-